www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAX
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: 8 x faster searching and a question about ebay stores Reply with quote

Hi Nev, Hi All

if there is an upcoming release soon, may I nag Nev for the "8 x faster searching" mod? Smile I'd hate to go back to my old way of doing it now but it's still cumbersome and time consuming setting up a new "turbo" search!

One other "Cybernetic entomology element"
I run several searches at the same time, well, all of them on occaision! 10 or fifteen sometimes, other times just a couple..

I sometimes see the error box come up saying
"[can't remember this bit] ...if it continues, please email me"

And with 5 searches running, it's just given me
"Failed to connect to eBay. Perhaps try again later, java.net.socketExcaeption: connection reset"
But two of the searches are still running!

But... there is no way of knowing which search it refers to! Unless I'm having a blonde moment to end all blonde moments(?)

And one final santa claus wish...
Is there a way to trash word or remove from the results Ebay stores and ANYTHING from HONG KONG! tried using the trash word filter but they still sneak through... anyone found a way of removing them from the results or trashing them? I know you can search within distance on the ebay interface (UK) too... is that a way of doing it?

Thanks again Nev for an excellent product.

Kind regards
Max
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Max,

Good point!
I've just changed the code so it tells you which search is getting the error. Will be available in the next update.

Re the Hong Kong sellers, I have "search within distance" on my feature todo list. It may help but I'm not so sure. I've seen plenty of items where the ebay location is specified as Australia but they say in the description that the item will be shipped from Hong Kong! So dodgy.

Here's something you can try. Create a new sieve. Do "search title and description" but put "hong kong" in words to exclude. Add your search term. Do that search. Then take out the words to exclude, do the search again and "ignore auctions already seen". The list that remains should be those items with hong kong in them. Open them up and check.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: