www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ET
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: New user comments and wishes (international price filter) Reply with quote

Hi. I just installed AuctionSieve, after having tested a few programs, like mYspike. I decided to comment because you have this nice forum here. I'm not a big buyer, but recently I've been starting to look at buying certain items that are sold a lot but I want a good price for them, so I'm doing a lot of eBay browsing, and programs to help with that are always welcome.

One thing I like about AuctionSieve is that it opens items in my default browser (Mozilla), and not its own window. It's more convenient for me that way.

First thing I wanted to ask: how do I get rid of the big pictures? I'd like to have to option to either have smaller ones or get rid of them completely, so that I could see more items at the same time. mYspike does it nicely, IMO.

Another thing is the filter by price. Since I don't live in any of the countries where eBay has an auction site, I don't much care where my item comes from. So when I get items in AU$, GBP or whatever, I still want to filter them correctly -- by price, not by number. I mean, if I filter by a maximum of $50, I don't want to see GBP 40, but I do want to see AU$ 55.

A nice feature will be a filter by time. For items with a lot of auctions, it's often more manageable if I look just a day or two ahead. Then "ignore auctions already seen" would be useful, since it won't force me to check everything returned.

These are just some initial comments, after a few minutes of use. It's possible that I'm missing things.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ET and welcome to the forums!

To get rid of the pictures, go to
Tools->Options...->Sieve Actions tab
and turn off "Download auction images"

You can specify a price range in your search (rather than as a price filter after you've got the results).
In the sieve properties, click on "More..." to get all the advanced search options lik eprice ranges. I'm pretty sure eBay will do all the appropriate exchange rate conversions.

Also, good idea to add a time filter!

Nev
ET
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Thanks two problems solved.

I noticed that the search option include "located in" but not "available to". I don't find the former useful, but I used the latter in eBay quite regularly. Though it's no big deal, since I stopped doing that once I found out that a lot of sellers are willing to ship overseas even if they don't list the item that way, so it's always good to get all auctions and then ask.

Also, could you add the seller options to the search? Often once I find a store that sells what I want, I just want to see their relevant items (since I tend to follow for a while, see what price the items usually go to, and then decide what to bid, if at all).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: