www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbryson
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reduced Listings Showing Reply with quote

I have noticed that for two days the listings in a particular category search (eBay category 14012) have been severely truncated - going from a typical 450+ items to 49. I am certain that something has changed at the eBay side of the listings - but I need to have all of the items show up in Auction Sieve! Please help.... (This truncating ONLY seems to occur in this particular category listing???? Searches on particular words across all listings seem to be working properly.)
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New beta is out - 1.9.6.2!

Let me know if it fixes all the cases where this happens.
rbryson
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lev - The new Beta seemed to fix the problem I had mentioned. You are fantastic - I have NO idea how you are so able to so quickly diagnose and solve the problems that eBay creates by changing things. Kudos to YOU!
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

I was about to report the same issue - sieves that previously gave 1000s of results (before Trash Words and Ignore auctions already seen) were getting only a few 100, and I was getting loads of instances of the "eBay is returning error pages or pages I can't interpret for ..." error message.

The new Beta (1.9.6.2) seems to be much better, Thanks. I think the problem is probably solved, but I still keep getting the "eBay is returning error pages..." message every so often. Also I did notice that on just a couple of my sieves it looks as if BIN listings (shop listings?) are now being found OK but normal auctions results seem to be lower in quantity than is normal - but I may just be seeing things!

As always, I'm searching ebay.co.uk. In case it's relevant, eBay UK have been saying for a while that the old style search will be withdrawn "in April 2009" - I don't know if AS uses the old or new style pages.

Kind Regards
Andrew Marchant
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

Can you give me an example search where you're getting those error messages?

AuctionSieve can currently interpret all 3 (yes 3!) types of search result pages. Not sure what will happen when they turn off the old style but it should keep working.
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

1.9.7 seems to be much better, no error messages this morning and it seems the sieves are catching all the results (listings) first time round. As I run all my sieves at once, I don't remember which ones were giving the error yesterday (it seemed like most of them!) - if there is a problem again I will make a note and report back to you.

I suspect the error *might* be to do with my ISP, they're changing from an open service to a bandwidth shaped and throttled service, which in practice seems to mean that some webpages have to be refreshed multiple times before they load - web browsing is bringing up lots of "the server reset the connection" or similar errors.

Which brings me to another question - does AS have an automatic timeout and refresh if the ebay page does not load within a specific period (say after 2 minutes)? One of my sieves has 68 searches, and it is rather frustrating when it stalls right near the end of the sieve because one ebay results page does not load, and then I have to run the whole sieve again (I don't think this particular sieve has completed at all over the last couple of days). Even a "Refresh Current Search Page" (Kick ebay?!?) button would do the job!

I remember a while back you said you found a way to force ebay to generate the old style results pages (I assumed AS still used these), so I'm very glad to hear that AS will cope with the new pages, but I had no idea that there were 3 different types!

Kind Regards
Andrew
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a timeout - I think it's one minute. But I also do 1 or 2 retries I think.

You can always click Stop to instantly stop the search. But that doesn't necessarily help you much in this situation....
axiefe
Posted once

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i'm facing with the same problem that rbryson faced. i'm using the latest version and the auction titles and pictures doesn't match each other and it couldn't receive some of my auctions anymore. normally even "i remove the ignore auctions already seen" earlier auctions used to be appear. but now i can't see anymore. And more i cannot specify the category i can't see the list of categories. Please help.
thanks in advance
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, eBay made some more changes yesterday.
I've put out a new beta which should fix the problems.

BUT if you have a Watchlist or Price History, hold off on updating till I put out a newer update tonight. I'll post a message here when I release the new beta.

If you don't have any Watchlist or Price History, you're good to go.
Just select Tools->Check for beta updates
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And unfortunately, the category browser no longer works.
More info here :
http://www.auctionsieve.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=454
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New beta is out - all is safe to update!
(Well standard warning is in force - it's still a beta.)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: