www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swisslemur
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Can't add sieve to watchlist Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm rather new to Auctionsieve (I used it briefly 5 years ago) but I couldn't really find an answer to this problem so I thought I would post.
I have 27 sieves set up and I want to collect data for 7 days. I used eBay codes to set up the sieves and manually filtered the items i didn't want. The problem is I can't seem to add one of the sieves (it only has 22 items) to the watchlist. I've deleted the sieve, renamed it, set it up using keywords instead of a code.....but no matter what I do I can't add these particular items to my watchlist. The code is 165718 (echinoderms) and Auctionsieve happily picks up these items from eBay.

Also, I can't search the watchlist - it has a search function but it is a pricehistory search, not the watchlist. Is there a way for me to search watchlist (I want to double check if certain items are there)?

Anyway, it's an amazing program and I'd like to be able to collect some data for research so I need it to be consistent.

Thanks,

Jodie
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jodie!

Have you upgraded to the latest beta?
It's got some fixes related to the watchlist.

Go to Tools->Check for beta updates

I've just tried it myself I was able to add the items to the watchlist successfully.

Can you tell us about the research or is it top secret? Wink
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh I just did some googling - fascinating stuff!
Swisslemur
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

thanks for the quick reply! I have upgraded and that fixed some of the strange things that were happening to the price history Smile

Not transferring the items from this particular sieve must be just an unlucky glitch I have right now. I had shut everything down and re-done all 27 sieves a few times with the same result so maybe I should try that again.
My only concern is I want it to be reliable and pick up the same sieves for a month or two so I can look at the data.
btw I'm not a palaeontologist (just in case you thought that, I wish!), what I'm looking at (in a very broad way) is how fossils are protected/regulated and an important part of this is the market. eBay is fascinating in that respect as it becomes so easy to sell anything.

Also, is it possible to fix the search window in the watchlist? Mine only searches the Price history for some reason. It might just be me.

Anyway, thank you so much, it's a great program. I'll try a new install and see how it goes.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe take a screenshot of your sieve search settings and send it to me.

Regarding the watchlist search, for better or worse, I designed it that way - the idea being that most people only have a few items in their watchlist and they want to compare the price of an item they're considering buying with the average price in the price history.

I could probably provide an option to switch the bottom panel to be a watchlist search instead of the price history search. Would you like that?
Swisslemur
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I restarted auctionsieve yesterday and an older set of sieves automatically appeared so I used them and everything worked this time.

An option to search the watchlist would be fantastic (for me)!

I just had another question (sorry) is the duration of an auction captured anywhere? I've been capturing auctions a week at a time so it's possible I'm missing quite a few auctions that run between 1-6 days.

Thanks again.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the auction duration info anywhere...
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swisslemur wrote:
I just had another question (sorry) is the duration of an auction captured anywhere? I've been capturing auctions a week at a time so it's possible I'm missing quite a few auctions that run between 1-6 days.

The only solution to short duration auctions is unfortunately to search often - very often - I search daily at least. This also catches the buy-it-now bargains that occasionally appear.

It's where Auctionsieve scores so highly for me - being able to exclude the items I've already seen and view only the new items saves me hours every week (over the time I used to spend searching ebay the old fashioned way).

Andrew
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: