www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you really need in search options to add: search on condition New, Used, Not Specified
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

legendar
Active contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Condition: New, Used, Not Specified Reply with quote

Hi to all and nev!
Look at your searches results - there are lot of trash items you see with fake or near-fake keywords you've just entered to find your wanted item isn't it?
This is my little statistics:
I'm seeking for the photo equipment usually and interesting in used listing only.
As you know there are lot of camera brands, makers, type of lenses etc. So, up to 90% of listing i usually receive from any of my Sieves is... real unwanted TRASH (unwanted NEW cheap goods, accessories with my keywords in title). It is real spam.
So, i must create up to one, two or three hundred of trash words to clear it and find normal listings from real eBay members not from platinum-seller from China selling cheap unwanted items for everything
But only check box "USED" will solve this trouble easy. Please think about it. All people who listing items for sale should pick a condition check box. If it New it is New, Used=Used etc. It is clear like sunny day.
Day by day professional eBay searching is a hard work against aggressive top-sellers with dirty SEO-techniques - i don't need cheap "realise cord", "charger", or NEW modern and expensive lens associated with keyword "nikon F3" - i just want to see listings with this beautiful vintage SLR-camera...
Magic check boxes New, Used, Not Specified will save a lot of time!
PS My last sieve result: - 2954 auctions (23566 total - 20612 filtered) - it is not normal isn't it?
Lets discuss?
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've had a quick look at eBay to see how it works.

My conclusion: should be easy!

I'll try to do it for the next beta along with fixes for the latest eBay changes.

(It's interesting that they don't have those options on the advanced search page, only on the result pages.)
legendar
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nev wrote:
My conclusion: should be easy!

It will be great!
nev wrote:
(It's interesting that they don't have those options on the advanced search page, only on the result pages.)

I have heard that eBay takes main piece of $$$-pie from top-sellers (from US, specially from Asia).
They list a "billions" of new items every second, but not from individuals selling used items from time to time.
Take a look at proportions in some categories: most listings are new items, used items is not big part. It is important to show a mix of new and used items.
If checkboxes "New" and "Used" will appear in a Advanced Search - users will think should they check only new or only used.
It is my theory. Also i think also that eBay is a place of USED goods, it is Auction Site, not web-shop with brand new goods.

Off topic: Also one more idea - i will write it here avoiding of my possible amnesia:
Is it possible to ad "Pause" button - we have a "Get auctions" button, "Stop" button, but not sometime useful "Pause" button.
It will allow to pause search process for a some time and start search process from paused position, not from beginning start when "Stop" button was pressed.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding pause is an interesting idea but a bit tricky and potentially confusing to get right UI-wise.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New beta allows you to specify Condition in your search criteria.

Have fun!
legendar
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Thanks! Works perfect!
peter9091
Posted once

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you did perfect job ..... well done ..... keep it up
http://duke.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-ism
Page 1 of 1