www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabrugioni
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Items transfering from watch list to price history Reply with quote

I had several items in the Watch List (WL) that had ended. These items had transfered to the Price History (PH) as they should. However, the transfered items were still listed in the WL too. So, I closed AS, then reopened it, then the WL and PH were as they should.

Shouldn't items transfered to the PH automatically be removed from the WL?

Allen
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my thinking.

First of all I wanted the data of any ended auction to be immediately available as part of the Price History - so as soon as an auction ends the data gets added to the PH.

In addition, I want to see the items in my watchlist that have recently ended. This is especially true for when I come to run AS the next day (or after a few days) - I want to see the auctions that have ended since I last ran AS. Then on shutdown, I want those items cleaned out of my watchlist. So that's how I programmed it.

Well this seems to have caused no end of confusion! I've had to field a number of emails about this behaviour.

At this point I'm thinking I should make it an option and have it turned off by default - ie the default will be as you expect - items get removed from the WL as soon as they end. I guess you can always go to the PH and sort by Ended time if you want to see the most recently ended items.
rabrugioni
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I suspose if I would have searched further I might have found my answer. I get your thinking, however, the idea of transfering items from the wl to the ph immediatly after closing kinda seems more intuitive to me. But hey, my intuition isn't always so accurate. Anyway, your idea of making it an option would work well and satisify more users. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: