www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Someone with a serious ebay addiction Reply with quote

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=e9744d33e932f0de0ec1d35d23523a44&threadid=830487&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Nev
ET
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My addiction has different symptoms. I don't buy much, but I keep looking for auctions for items that I want and following them. Sometimes it's unhealthy. For example, right now I discovered (using AuctionSieve) a potential auction that ends in over 4 hours. I sent a message to the seller to ask about international shipping. Problem is, it's after 12am. The auction will be around 5am. I can't go to sleep until I get that reply (well, I can go to sleep and put an alarm to before the auction ends). Once I get a reply, I can use a sniping website to do my bidding, but I won't just bid if the seller won't sent it to me.

Speaking of sniping services, I just started considering them today. Last week I had a bad experience where I was at my computer when an auction ended, but was so engrossed in writing a post for a newsgroup that I totally missed the event, and not only did I lose the auction, but the ending price was extremely low. I should have bid higher in the first place, but it was my first bid for such an item, so haven't yet decided exactly how much I'm willing to pay, and I knew I'd be at my computer at the end of the auction. I haven't seen such an item go for such a low price since.

I've actually tried sniping a couple of times today without success. It's hard to find those auctions where the final price is very low.
adlena
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its actually not a very wonderful experince for me to be on ebay beause i have just posten an item to sell its a coin and still unable to get any response neither a bid, so i am really not addicted to ebay
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: