www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luoffo
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: New option "search in all ebay sites",is possible? Reply with quote

Hello nev,
Maybe you or some of ebay users had noticed that in ebay website (all ebay website) the option (in advenced search) "located in" --> "any country/region " is disappeared. So the same function in Auctionsieve doesn't works.

So now, in auctionsieve, the only way to perform a search in all ebay site is to "duplicate" the sieve, changing only the ebay site.

If I duplicate N sieve as the N ebay sites, i have results as i run sieve with the option "located in" --> "any country/region ".
So, my question is, is possible to add the option "all ebay sites" , when we select the ebay website? So the system will create automatically the same sieve in all ebay sites, and we'll have the same "any country/region" behavior

Anyone thinks that will be an interesting feature?
thank you!

PS. The "any country/region " is not (and return more results) like "worldwide" search
berdo260
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,
I fully support this suggestion.
Thank you and keep up the good work!
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a known issue, it's a change recently made by ebay.

The solution is here: http://www.auctionsieve.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2503#2503

Happy Auctionsieveing....
luoffo
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. But it's not the solution that i would like. I try to explain better.

If you search "from preferred location" - > "worldwide" , you have international results. That's is ok. And with this option AuctionSieve runs like Ebay search engine. So it's correct.

But "worldwide" option, returns auctions only availables to shipping in the country (i mean ebay.co.uk ebay.it ebay.de ecc.. ) used for the search.

Example: Someone put an object on ebay.co.uk and in the listing selects "shipping only in United Kingdom".
Someone else looking for this object in italy. If he try to search this object in ebay.it with "from preferred location" - > "worldwide" option, he will never see the object. Only with the option "located to " -> "any country" he can find the item.
But, as we said, ebay has removed "any country" option, and obviously the same option in AuctionSieve doesn't work anymore.

So if i want to find all the object in different country i have to run the same search in all ebay sites (ebay.it , ebay.com , eaby.de , ebay.fr ecc...).

For this reason i suggest to add in Actionsieve the search option "search in all ebay sites".
I think it's the only way to have the same behaviour of "located to " -> "any country".

Sorry fo my english, i hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks for the attention and your work!!!
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luoffo,

Thank you for the explanation, I understand now. Yes this would be a useful feature - and I too could make use of it.

The only danger is, is it something Nev can legitimately do under ebay partner rules?

Kind Regards
Andrew
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: