www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pac_71
Active contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Auction Sieve Cloud Version (almost) Reply with quote

After learning how to store Sieves in the application directory, I thought it would be too much of a stretch to make a portable version. Just go to;

1. Tools|Options|Advance Tab to change to storing files in the Program Directory.
2. Restart
3. Exit and copy the program director to a USB Drive (or cloud Drive)

However, why stop there .... why not put in on a cloud drive.

Well I could have just whinged on here and got Nev to do the work but asking him to sort out Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox and Sky Drive is just plain cruel. So thru a degree of trial and error (or a war of attrition) I have sorted out the following.

Google Drive
TL;DR Failed.

The google drive sync app seems to lock files that changed Primarily the pricehstory and watchlist. This came up with errors on exit

Apple iCloud
TL;DR Failed

Seemed to work for price list but seems to reset the watch list when i changed computers (between a win 7 notebook and win 8.1 tablet).

Dropbox
TL:Dr Seems to work

You jut have to be careful to make sure your files get synced before you use your other computer.

One Drive
TL;DR DIdnt try it

As i got Dropbox apparently working i didn't investigate this as I would have had to install One Drive on my two legacy 7 & 8.1 win machines.

It they all mostly work but way to complicated to play with 5 different programs to get the to work effortlessly.

My only hint to Nev is that the watchlist and pricehistory file management seems to be a bit fragile.

PS I also tried cuting and pasting 2 watchlist/pricehisyory files together and removed the dublicates ... they definitely didnt like that :>
pac_71
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another cloud tip.

eBay Mobile App

If you add things you are interested to your watch list it easy to make bids while you are mobile.

Secondly, you can add your seives as refined followed searches so you can check things on the fly.
Suskis
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using Auction Sieve on Dropbox for years now. I have 4 different pcs and I use the same portable version of Auction Sieve. it works great.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: