www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: "The listing you’re looking for is no longer availabl Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

I'm finding a lot of listings in my AS watchlist that have ended are not being picked up by AS as having ended...

It depends upon where AS gets its end date & time for the auction from. If (upon refresh) it just opens the listing page and (without checking anything else) just selects the date info it gets back, then something ebay is doing is confusing AS! It means the ending date order for auctions in the watchlist is all over the place, price history will not be working properly, and auctions that have ended are still shown as active.

I'm seeing "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you." with the word listing a link to the item that has ended (and the item that I actually wanted). Frankly, it's a pain in the butt as what ebay think is similar to what I was looking for is rarely even vaguely correct - but that's ebay for you.

As an example, ended item 152844758263 in my AS watchlist forwards to active item 172767891130. My AS watchlist still shows 10 days to go on the first item.

If I'm correct then the fix will be to also check the item number in the page that is returned - and if the item number is different either hit ebay again for the correct item number - or assume the original has ended.

Thanks
Andrew
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another.
173397109979 (ended) forwards to 372267189624, AS claims 22 days left

I've also just noticed the seller information in AS is wrong (AS has the seller as gaoaihua which doesn't relate to either item above). Also the auction title is wrong (again doesn't relate to either auction). It's a mess! I'm guessing that ebay changed the redirection, and the incorrect seller/item title was picked up from a previous refresh???

Another:
263863836067 forwards to 262711868777 (at least this is the same thing)
In this case the seller listed in AS is the seller of the second, forwarded item... Again here AS claims 22 days left.

The only things AS has correctly is the item number of the original, ended item - and the original item image.

And another.
323319211585 forwards also to 262711868777...
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The watchlist has been sorely neglected.
I'll try to take a look this weekend.
Been soooo busy lately with regular work. Shocked
humminbyrdz
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Same Reply with quote

I am having this same issue quite frequently. I am missing out on a lot of auctions with this problem as I think I have time left, then when I check it out some auctions ended as much as a week ago. Sad
craiguk
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev, is there any chance you can give us all an update regarding your plans, if at all, for a fix to this problem which I initially reported at the beginning of July.

I not complaining as I know you are busy and probably have more interesting things to do Very Happy

Sadly AS is now next to useless, I am beginning to think this is never going to be sorted? and now need to move on?
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry it has taken me so long to get to this!

I've just released a beta which should hopefully fix it.
Let me know if there are still problems I haven't addressed.
humminbyrdz
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the new beta version available for MAC? When I download from the MAC link, I'm still getting version 3.0.1.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beta versions are only available through the update mechanism.

Select Tools->Check for beta updates
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: