www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caius
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Display all items under a category Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm new to AuctionSieve but I find it a great piece of software.I'm just wondering if it's possible to display all items under a category as it seems it's limited to a certain number.For example I wanted to get all auctions under the category #13718 on eBay.com, right now there are more than 39000 items but I get only 9000 of them.Here's is a snapshot:

Thanks in advance
Baylor
Posted once

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caius wrote:
Hi all,
I'm new to Crazy Bulk but I find it a great piece of software.I'm just wondering if it's possible to display all items under a category as it seems it's limited to a certain number.For example I wanted to get all auctions under the category #13718 on eBay.com, right now there are more than 39000 items but I get only 9000 of them.Here's is a snapshot:

Thanks in advance

I don't think this is possible, but I'm very new to this software as well. If there a way, I'd love to know about it too.

Last edited by Baylor on Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a 200 page limit that either ebay or AS will let you access (I'm not sure which imposes the limit).

Your best bet is to search the category of interest repeatedly, with lots of very generic searches all directed into one sieve. You might get a lot of "Do you want to download the first 200 pages?" dialog boxes to click yes to, but it's better than nothing.

Make searches for "arcade" and "game", make them within 0 to $10, $10 to $20 etc, search for "the" and "and" etc... Search for newest auctions. Be creative with the options that AS gives you.

Using that and the "Hide auctions already seen" tickbox - and you'll see only the new ones you've not seen before.

(Personally I work the other way - I make lots and lots of very targeted individual searches, that all overlap slightly, and funnel all their results into one sieve, in case the same item turns up in multiple searches - which it often does.)
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's actually a limit on eBay's end.

For example, if you go to this page:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=dungeons&_sacat=0&rt=nc&rt=nc&rt=nc&_pgn=367&rt=nc
and then scroll down and try to go to the next page, it will return 0 results.

Not sure why that particular search can go up to page 367 - in the past it was always page 200 and on that always had a problem.
caius
Officially active!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wickmesh wrote:
There's a 200 page limit that either ebay or AS will let you access (I'm not sure which imposes the limit).

Your best bet is to search the category of interest repeatedly, with lots of very generic searches all directed into one sieve. You might get a lot of "Do you want to download the first 200 pages?" dialog boxes to click yes to, but it's better than nothing.

Make searches for "arcade" and "game", make them within 0 to $10, $10 to $20 etc, search for "the" and "and" etc... Search for newest auctions. Be creative with the options that AS gives you.

Using that and the "Hide auctions already seen" tickbox - and you'll see only the new ones you've not seen before.

(Personally I work the other way - I make lots and lots of very targeted individual searches, that all overlap slightly, and funnel all their results into one sieve, in case the same item turns up in multiple searches - which it often does.)

The limit of 200 items when listing (not searching!) a whole category is no more, now you can display up to 50 items per page, this is very frustrating when you deal with a category with more than 30000 items like I do.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: