www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac Doktor
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Archiving ebay listings for future reference offline Reply with quote

My apologies if I'm doing this wrong. I'm new to this forum and I have read the FAQ. I've also searched for a solution but all that Google turns up are ways for sellers to archive their listings for reuse at some later time...

I collect certain types of old electronic test equipment (among other things) and I routinely file away ended listings for future reference. Some items are very rare and good pictures are hard to find. Knowing the selling price is handy if the item ever turns up again.

I save the entire page plus all of the full size photos. Right now I'm doing it all manually and at times it's just too tedious. The process goes like this:

Copy the auction title text

Create a new folder for the listing using the copied title for the name

"Save as..." the entire page to a web archive document in the newly created folder (I'm using Safari but it's easy to do with most web browsers)

Click on the first picture to bring up the gallery

Drag each picture in the gallery to the folder. This is the really tedious part, especially if the listing has lots of photos

Is there any program that can do any or all of this for me? Creating the new folder I can deal with and I usually have to edit the name for it anyway.

Writing a program that can access the listing and do at least some of this is beyond my ken. I would assume that there's a way to do it through ebay's API but I have no clue. A program that can "rip" the entire listing and create an offline version with working links to the pictures would be awesome. There are a number of full site rippers available but I'm betting that none of them can do this.

I can't be the only person who needs this but as I said Google hasn't been helpful. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: