www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject: What do you use auctionsieve for? Reply with quote

I use auctionsieve to help me make buying decisions for my business. It has allowed me in a great part to run my collectibles business exclusively from my eBay purchases. Because of auctionsieve, I no longer have to wake up by an alarm clock. Thank you Nev.
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use AS primarily to find things I collect - originally Land Rover diecast models but space/finances have shifted me to computer processors.

But I also maintain sieves for more mundane things to catch bargains for things I'll need. The trainers (shoes) I like, various computer components, toner for my printer, a long discontinued Ikea light...

AS's killer features for me are the (1) ability to hide items already seen and (2) trash words - allowing me to easily filter so I see only new items that are of interest.

I've been using this program for more than 14 years - Nev I hope in that time your cut of the purchases I've made have bought you and your family some nice evenings out! Thank you.
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

You seem to be one of the only people on the forum. I just wanted to thank you for your input now and in the past. There doesn't seem to be much of a community here.

I was just awarded an eBay up and running grant by eBay. I would like to give credit in part to Nev, because I use AS to track trends and even track specific sellers in an attempt to mimic some of their success. I mostly collect and sell comic books. I plan on using the grant to either send most of my inventory to a third party assurance service to grade, or compliment my listings by also selling comic book supplies.

I purchase a lot of personal items, and I have introduced eBay to my girlfriend who is now pretty much addicted. I have tried to get her to use AS to make smarter purchases for her doll collections, but she hasn't quite caught on.

I think I discovered this product in 2010/2011?

I love this product. It would be great to see a web based version or an app. I think Nev is missing the boat, by not doing one or the other. But what do I know? I am attempting to use this product on my Chromebook, but installing the Linux virtual machine on it isn't as simple as it was made to be. Still trying.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: