www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject: Question marks in price history and watchlist Reply with quote

Hi Nev,
The ? are appearing again. For about a week I was getting no question marks and before they were intermittent. As of this moment, I am only getting question marks instead of a price. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AU6f1VM-npkMnHH5qVRjTJWgFDFxYcw0/view?usp=sharing
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see many question marks - but I see lots and lots of blank fields. (I tend only to use the Watchlist so I cannot comment on the Price History.)

Image - not shown. Just a little green camera icon.

Item ID - usually correct, but items with no item ID aren't caught.

Title - usually correct.

Price - usually about half blank and half filled - today every single one is blank!

Bids - if Time left is "-" then this is "-", if has some hours yes I get "?"

High Bidder - all blank

Seller - usually blank, very occasionally says "Note:" or "close this window"

Time left - if Bids is "-" then this is "-", others have a reasonable looking time

Also, I do find often AS missed that an ended item has actually ended; I only find out when I finally open it in browser.

(Also #2 - nothing to do with AS but I have recently found an horrific ebay bug - adding items to your ebay watchlist doesn't necessarily mean they've actually been added! Multi-option listings are particularly bad [delete any junk in the link after the item number and try again] but it can affect any item. So I'm literally refreshing EVERY item after adding it to my ebay watchlist, to check the watch request actually sticks! [This is on top of the bugs ebay has in the custom watchlists...] I really do wonder why we stick with this platform!)
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject: Refresh in price history and watchlist Reply with quote

Do you mean AS? When you said, why do we stick with this platform?
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Refresh in price history and watchlist Reply with quote

mianwagner wrote:
Do you mean AS? When you said, why do we stick with this platform?

I was hoping the words "nothing to do with AS" would make that clear... Wink
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: I was just confirming Reply with quote

It was clear. I was just confirming, because I haven't noticed the same problems with eBay the way you described them. This platform is more of a constant issue for me, where as eBay issues have just surfaced recently as a seller. I have noticed a huge drop in sales, and I am suspicious that the changes I am seeing with AS constantly malfunctioning may be symptoms of what may be wrong with eBay as opposed to a slow economy. I have noticed other sellers having similar issues. I met with a seller locally that has noticed a similar off the edge of a cliff drop in sales exactly around the time AS was giving zero results, in the clothing category which traditionally does very well in October. I sell exclusively in the comic book category. She noticed the drop in sales around the time that AS was giving zero results in September that you noticed, as have I. I have had consistent sales on Ebay of $5,000 - 6000 in sales/month for 36 months. This month under $800. I had never noticed AS completely broken like that from my recollection. The way it is acting now is making it completely useless for me again. So when you said why haven't we given up on this platform I assumed AS, because it is again completely broken, and Nev refuses to give us any insight as to what may or may not be going on. I e-mailed him, direct messaged and posted the same question on this forum. Zero response. Too bad, because he might be able to give some insight to eBay through me, because I currently have the ear of Adam Ireland the US VP for eBay. I was awarded a grant by eBay and have a direct line to many of eBay's employees.
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wickmesh wrote:
Title - usually correct.

...but not always!

Today one "Details about" instead of the correct title.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: