www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: "Shop on eBay" results appearing in sieves Reply with quote

Today (as well as the usual blank item number listings I get daily) I'm also getting one or two "Shop on eBay" results in each sieve - either with a blank item number or as item 123456.
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems a fairly consistent issue now. I only tend to see the blank item version now, as I'm guessing item 123456 is hidden among my items already seen.
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: Shop on eBay Reply with quote

I always get an item number and not a shop on eBay, on a PC of course. Do you think this has anything to do with what was going on when AS wasn't returning any results? Regarding the CSS styling? He said the word Sponsored is actually against each item, but that it does not always appear. I don't know this is all becoming rather frustrating, because I am suspicious that the changes eBay is implementing is having an effect on my sales. Am I misinformed to think that every time AS is malfunctioning, that eBay has changed something?
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is consistent, happens every search now.
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I wonder how hard it would be to create something like auctionsieve myself? I find it very useful personally. Could you create an excel spreadsheet or google sheets, to run the same queries over an over again, or do you need to interface with eBay's API to gather the information AS does?
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

mianwagner wrote:
I wonder how hard it would be to create something like auctionsieve myself? I find it very useful personally. Could you create an excel spreadsheet or google sheets, to run the same queries over an over again, or do you need to interface with eBay's API to gather the information AS does?

I don't think AS interfaces with ebay's API. Nev did say that was the plan a long time ago, but AFAIK AS still scrapes the ebay html pages - which is unfortunately why it falls apart when ebay change things.

The best way yes would be to use the API - but I've a feeling it's a very big job - especially to come up with something with as many features as AS.

Also given the ridiculous number of bugs I'm suffering with daily whilst trying to use the ebay website, any program that looks at API data is going to struggle when (for example) ebay decides every item you are trying to view cannot be found! (In this situation you could end up with your whole watchlist erroneously appearing to have ended...)
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: Check in once a month Reply with quote

I asked Nev to check in once a month, to let us know if this application was going to be on hiatus for a while, because he may just have other priorities. But he can't even do that.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: