www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys - I think I've solved it.
Go and get the new beta (1.6.7.1) (Tools->Check for beta updates)
Let me know how you go and whether it causes any other problems.

For those interested, here's the deal -
Short version :
eBay changed how they do http redirects and some versions of java on the mac don't handle it.

Long version :
The urls I'm using are a little bit old. Therefore eBay sends a redirect to the correct url. The correct url is sometimes sent as an absolute url but sometimes it's sent as a relative url, ie missing the http://blah.ebay.com/. I suspect this is what has changed at eBay to cause the problem. Now, there's something in the Java classes that handles this but it's part of some special classes. These are probably implemented slightly differently on the mac and don't handle the relative urls. This is also probably just on older versions of java - can any of you confirm what version you're running?

Upshot - I've added code to handle the redirects myself, checking for relative urls and adding the missing http://etc.

Right - bed time for me. It's 5:15am over here and I've gotta go to work in a few hours... Very Happy
abysmillard
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in business! Thanks!
mar-tron
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fixed it! Very Happy

With the time difference between here and there, I'm not sure how long ago you posted this -- I had set this thread to notify me by email when new messages were posted, which it had been doing -- until of course, your post to download the new beta... I don't know why, but something just told me to check it anyway...

It looks like I'm running either Java 1.2 or 1.4.1, I believe -- I'm not sure which of these things I'm looking at is the actual program. I think it's the 1.4.1, but I'm not positive.

Thanks for taking care of this! Sorry for making you lose sleep over it...
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo!

Each message has the time it was posted up the top.
You can set your timezone in your profile so that these get displayed according to your local time.
Click on Profile up above, then scroll down to near the bottom of the Profile page and select your Timezone from the dropdown.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: