www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jupp
Active contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: PRoblem: Date fields of ended items are set to "Unknown Reply with quote

Hi there, since updating to version 1.7.x about two weeks ago I have again a problem that has bugged me about two months ago (the last version before 1.7 was actually working perfect for me).

My problem is that items that have ended on ebay are not deleted once they are moved over to the price history. They remain in the watchlist with the "Time Left" field left as "Unknown". Also since the update to 1.7.x I have the problem again that all items that have been moved to the price history (since that update) have their Ended field set to unkown. This is especially uncool because this prevents me from doing history related price estimations.¨

Some examples from the watchlist:

Some expamples from the price history:

My default ebay site is ebay.com, but i also tried wit the Swiss site and others, the problem remains. My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2 German, my date format is German: day-month-year.

I already deleted the content of the tmp folder as well as the lastpage and the ebayitem files.

Hopefully someone is able to shed some light on this problem. It's strange that depending on the version of auctionsieve I had this problem or not.

Thanks for this great piece of software and have a very nice day

Jupp
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still occurring?
I added those items to my watchlist and they came up ok.

With regard to newer versions not working - it's not so much that the new versions break things - it's that ebay make changes which break the old versions. The new version hopefully fixes those problems but often there's a 'settling' period where ebay make a number of page changes and I have to keep putting out fixes.
Jupp
Active contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded the update and I had the same problem...then I occured to me that you guys have a different time format in Oz and the States. So I changed my country settings to English Australia..and...VIOLA..it worked. All items i was previously unable to update and have them show the Ended date now got updated flawlessly....

So I think the bug in the software is that it does not allow date formats other than the english one. Now since I am living in Switzerland and, like most Europans, have a date format that is day/month/year hour/minute/second it would be a bit cumbersome to have my OS constantly set to the English date format.

Is there a way to code the program so it works with European date formats as well?

Greetings
Jupp

p.s. writing this post on a qwerty setting was hell :)

Edit: changed countless y into z and vice versa
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, interesting.

I'll look into it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: