www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaneEyrez
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Can you group sieves within the watchlist? Reply with quote

I would like to be able to group sieve category items together on the watchlist so that if I have over 100 items on my watchlist, at least the ones that are from the same searches are close together for comparison. I have not found a way to do this and it's the main frustration I was having using eBay's built-in watchlist.

Thanks for any reply.
Sylvia Rolling Eyes
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sylvia!

You can't currently do that - I need to add some more columns to the watchlist. I've updated the feature request list with this idea - item W24 :
http://www.auctionsieve.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=469#469

In the meantime, you can do grouping in a roundabout way.

1. Create a new sieve and just put in some dummy search term (it won't get used).
2. In the main screen click on the Options dropdown
3. Over on the right, click on 'Get auctions! from "Watchlist"'
4. Create appropriate Catch Words to group things together!

Nev
JaneEyrez
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Reply with quote

This method actually works pretty well. Its downfall is it's only sorting on the title of the item, so it won't automatically put together, for example, Casio pda items with Cassiopeia pda items. The fix for that, of course, is to put those catch words next to each other on your catch list so that at least when you sort, they will be in proximity. Your catch list might get a little lengthy, but at least on this sieve you probably won't need any trash words, so you can drop the window down longer.

Wish I'd been smart enough to come up with this on my own and, believe me, I tried!
Thanks, Scope
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: