www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - that one's a bummer. It's on my todo list to look at.
rejoyce
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: filtering country Reply with quote

well, here goes... i can't figure out how to use the new feature for filtering currency...

and another problem... the only way currently to filter out certain countries, is to make a specific item search, and select the country you want in several sieves, but that doesn't work for a general category search.

i would like to be able to specify a country for a general category search, or at least specify no search term for the other type of search.

if this doesn't make sense, let me know, and i'll try to explain better.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you create a category-based sieve, you can specify which country/ebay site's categories you want to look at.

Otherwise, the currency filter works by just keeping or filtering out any price which contains the letters/symbols you put in the filter - for example GBP will filter out (or keep) any prices like GBP 10.50.

Is that any help?
rejoyce
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: aha! plus a new request Reply with quote

i was confused about the currency filter, because i hadn't spotted the "Add Filter" button... Smile now it is all peachy.

new request:

for those of us who use sniping software, it would be nice to tag all watchlist members with a snipe "price", and then to be able to select all "snipe" items, in order to be able to update them... sounds good eh? not too hard either i would think.
durianfish
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an excellent program that i am planning to use more and more.

Has this feature been added yet?: "Another great addition would be to be able to combine sieves and do all the combined searches at one time... rather than going from one sieve to the next to the next." currently, i am searching for about 5 different kinds of coins (from different countries for example) and so far i am identifying potential bargains by splitting each different country into different sieves (each sieve would have at least 200 potential items in it). AS it takes time to run each of these sieves, it would work for me to run all the sieves at the same time, then check each sieve one after the other once they're all downloaded.

Also, if there were an option to search each ebay website (.com; .co.uk; .com.au etc) without having to check each one, that would save me time.

by checking "about auctionsieve", i am running version 5.0.

thanks again for a great product!
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks durianfish!

Having multiple sieves open at the same time is what I'll work on next - it seems to be one of the most requested features.
Towards this goal, I made a lot of changes behind the scenes for 1.7.0.

BTW the 5.0 version number just refers to the launcher. The real AuctionSieve version is under the About menu in the AuctionSieve window. I really have to get on and do those mac-specific customisations like changing the menu location.
King Shacka
Posted once

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the entire thread and I don't know how many people have mentioned this yet, but there definitely needs to be the option for searching completed auctions.

I saw your other thread that said one would need to supply user id and password and I don't see why anyone would object.

For sellers especially, it comes in very handy to see what certain auctions ended at and how many bids they received. I look at the completed auctions to see what the sellers did right and what they did wrong to help me out when I post items for sale.

It's a great program btw and I think that one feature would certainly make it much more powerful, Thanks!!
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok everyone - there's a new sticky thread with the current list of feature requests. Put your vote in now!
gaines
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below I have listed the features I think would be most beneficial. I do have some other suggestions that were not listed.

1) Make sieves tabbed so that multiple sieves can be opened at the same time. This goes along with being able to retrieve multiple sieves at once. For instance, if I'm looking for a pressure washer, bug zapper, and pool cover I'd like to be able to have all three sieves open in separate tabs and be able to click a single button to refresh all results (or have them on a timer) so I can glance at the results every once in a while. See Mozilla's extensions for a good example of how to use tabs.

2) Being able to give the TOTAL price including shipping is a must when searching eBay. I know some auctions put this in the description, but for those where it can be parsed out this would be invaluable to ignore those auctions with rediculous shipping fees. It would be a bit harder, but it would be nice to be able to enter your zip code and have AS use that zipcode in calculating shipping for those auctions that do not give a flat fee.

3) Auto-remove from watchlist if price goes above $X. The item could still be added to the price history, but the user might not want to watch it for bidding above a certain price.

4) Add directly to price history. For those items that you're not interested in purchasing, but would like to include in price history queries. This would not be as necessary if it was possible to query on closed auctions for price history.

5) Ability to exclude specific auctions or keywords from price history queries. For instance, if I'm looking to buy an iPaq hx4700, I'd like to be able to highlight "hx4700" in my watchlist and see the average price of auctions for that PDA. If I have auctions for accessories in my history then what I end up seeing is an abnormally low average price because it's averaging the ending bid for car chargers and cases with auctions for the actual PDA.

6) More testing should be done with Mozilla. I use Mozilla with an extension that tries to make sure all new links are opened in new tabs instead of new browser windows. For some reason AS and Mozilla don't quite like each other as AS not only opens the auction in my existing browser window/tab, but also opens a new window with the same auction page. The result is that I have to close a new window after each auction I view. Is anyone else running into a similar issue?

7) PocketPC version. I know this has been discussed and is not high on the list of priorities, but I still think it should be in the future plans to allow those of us who use PocketPCs to take our watch list with us.

Cool Add history export capability. I'm a developer and would love to add a statistical analysis tool where you can export your auction history from AS and import it into another tool that will give cost trends and such.

Below are the existing features requests which I think are most important:

S5 - search on distance
W15 - autorefreshing of watchlist
W17 -- auto - does updating according to how much time is left - more frequent for items with short time left
W32 - check it's removing from watchlist immediately when transferred to price history
W26 - checkbox to specify that you do/don't want notification near end of auction per item
++Main1 - allow opening/running of multiple sieves at the same time
Main2 - option to Get Auctions for all sieves
S6 - search on other conditions specific to a particular category
S3 - seller id search/include/exclude
F13 - option to make catch words override trash words
S11 -- search for completed items
S8 - search stores
S9 - ability to search ebay motors
S17 - save last several search results automatically, then Get auctions from (date/time 1 hour ago, 2 days ago, etc) or just load last/previous search results
P5 - dynamic graphing of price history - price over time
Cat2 - store category names?
Cat3 - look to see if category selector code can return name of just one category given its id - no!
R3 - autorefresh of sieve results
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dlucca
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Larger Type! Reply with quote

The type in Auction Sieve is tiny for over 40 eyes. Can you make it adjustable?

thanks
wpitman
AuctionSieve expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Features I'd like to see! Reply with quote

Hello,

As a former "Watson" user -- I can now say that I like AuctionSieve even better. The following are some ideas to make a great program even better:

1. For the Sieves dropdown list -- I have more sieves than will list -- it cuts off the first part of the list. I can use the File/Select Sieve but it's slow. I would like a scrolling list feature.
2. When selecting a Sieve (either with the dropdown list or the File/Select) I like the option to have it "automatically" Get auctions! -- a one step process -- not a two-step process of selecting the auction and then Get Auction!
3. The option of adjusting the columns listed.
4. The option of font size -- it's too big, I'd like it smaller -- to fit more on my laptop screen
5. The option to adjust the permanently adjusting the column size with a preference.
6. What does the "cross" symbol mean after the price on the Watchlist?
7. On the Watchlist -- I'd like to see a notation if it's a reserve auction and the reserve is not met.
8. On the Watchlist & Sieve views -- I like a shipping fees column to be listed AND a total = "bottom line price". The shipping was temporarily visible for about one day when eBay was changing things
9. On the Watchlist -- I like to be able to "color code" individual auctions like I can files and folders in Mac OS. This way I can highlight the most critical ones I'm tracking. Also, I'd like a column to type in a rating --m 1.0-10.0 & be able to sort-up on the column.
10. On the Watchlist -- to be able to use "find" in addition to the Price history search on the Watchlist
11. On the Watchlist -- drag the mouse over the picture and have the pic automatically enlarge and go back to regular size simply be moving the mouse (having to click a close box)
12. To automatically "update" option every xx minutes (like email) or "live" update
13. Often when the computer sleeps, AuctionSieve doesn't want to refresh and seems to hang.
14. For price history -- I lost all my price history when it got up to 1400+ -- why? I'd like a warning before losing everything so that I could have manually deleted past auctions. Also, a way to permanently protect auctions as desired.
15. For price history -- I'd like to keep separately the auctions I've won. Also, to keep track of (checkboxes) payment, item received, eBay rating given, etc.
16. For seller -- add "Feedback" number and positive % to the screen.
17. For price history -- be able to Price History Search & REMOVE box -- not just a clear box.
18. I'd like a contact me by email option within 5 minutes of close of auctions -- not all auctions just the ones I deem important enough.
19. Long-term I'd like to automatically update on multiple computers (on my .Mac account) or iDisk. This would allow me to use AuctionSieve both at home and office without copying files back and forth.
20. Be able to search the "sub-categories" (including manufactures, size, color, type, condition, etc.)
21. Be able to search local -- i.e. 25 miles of my zip code

--Walt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: