www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mar-tron
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Minor foreign currencies problem Reply with quote

I don't see this problem listed anywhere else. If I've overlooked it, and it's already been answered somewhere, I apologize in advance...

I've been using AuctionSieve for a long time, but I've just noticed this happening in the last few months. I'm PRETTY SURE it wasn't doing this in the past, anyway...

When I "Get auctions!" for a sieve, the "Price" ALWAYS shows as a US dollar amount now, even if the item is in England or Australia or wherever. Then when I put an item into my Watchlist, if it is an auction in another currency, it shows up THERE in GBP or AU$ or whatever. (a lot of times I put stuff in my Watchlist just from the listings in the sieve, without actually clicking on "View" -- so THEN when I go to my Watchlist I see the stuff that's in the other currencies, and more often than not, unless it's something I'm interested in enough to pay the extra postage to order from another country, I just delete it. If I had seen that it was in another currency in the sieve, I wouldn't have bothered to put it in my Watchlist...)

So why are the foreign currencies NOT showing up in the sieves -- when they do in the Watchlist, and the Price History? Any ideas?

It's not THAT bigga deal (just a minor annoyance, really), but like I said -- I'm REASONABLY SURE that the foreign currencies used to show up in the sieves also before.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm, it's probably dependent on what site you're using to do your search - I assume you're using the US ebay.

Actually, maybe they've changed the format a bit and I'm not grabbing the foreign currency correctly from the search results.

The watchlist grabs the information from the individual item page so that's why it's possible for it to be slightly different.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: