www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaalexxx
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nev wrote:
Thanks for the message Aleks. Are you talking about when you click the View links? Or are your results only bringing back US items?

Hi Nev!

Thanks for your reply Smile I am talking about the "View" links. They all open on ebay.com and I really would prefer if they'd open on ebay.de? Regarding the results everything's fine. I selected ebay.de and it only brings up items available on ebay.de

Best wishes from Germany,
Aleks.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Aleks, the reason for that is the eBay afiliate program - eBay give developers particular links. Currently they run the program for the US, UK & Australian sites, so if you're using any other eBay site I just make it go to the US site by default. I've been adding in support for the foreign eBay sites as they set up the corresponding affiliate programs.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a new beta out - 1.5.0.8

I'd appreciate it if you could all give it a thorough thrashing.
If there are no bugs found, this will constitute the next proper release - 1.6.0 Very Happy
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: New 'Time Saving' Feature!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

Here is an idea for something new and would be a real godsend!

Can we have the option to suspend searches within a sieve.... e.g. If you have six searches under one sieve it would be great to just go into properties and check a box to disable the sieve until such time as you want to re-enable it.

Hope you can do this as it will cut down on unnecessary searching without having to delete searches within a seive until they are needed again.

Thanks,

Martyn
brksbt
Posted once

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since e-bay has included the ability to also see search items in e-bay stores, would love to be able to add that feature to searches.

Love Auctionsieve!!! I had tried using e-bay's favorite searches -- they kept changing things and wiping all my searches out!

Do have a problem today. Searches are not returning ANY auctions even when choosing to include previously seen auctions.
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello nev,

The one thing I'm still missing is the ability to change the auctiontitle in the Price History list. Finding items by word while the sellers make typo's or BS (forgive my strong language) auctiontitles doens't work perfectly.

Any way around this problem, because I have to put everything in an excelsheet just to be able to get the right items together.

And greeting from the Netherlands,

Steven
q-man
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: no more timing out Reply with quote

I'm on a slow dial-up. I would like you to get rid of the dialog box that says: Failed to Connect to eBay. Perhaps try again later.

I want auctionsieve to retry a search automatically, once or twice, then move on to the next search if it still can't connect. On a sieve with many searches, I end up babysitting auctionsieve.

Love the program, though!!!
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

q-man - Done! (It was quite easy so I chucked it into the latest release along with all those bug fixes.)

Fluffmaister - very worthy idea - I'll add it to the todo list

brksbt - Does the latest release fix it? Regarding stores - could be tricky...

martynp - should be able to do that
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello nev,

Just something I though of. In the watchlist there is an option to select on prices, from high to low(or vice versa). Unfortunately, the programm only takes absolute numbers into account, the currency used is totally ignored.
I have items listed in Euro, US$ and British pounds, so this can get confusing as 1 GBP is almost 2 US$...

Is there a possibility to take exchange rates into account when selecting prices, just like on ebay?

Thanks,

Steven
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's one of those tricky ones.
Not saying it's not doable but the effort required means it's low on the priority list.
rabrugioni
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sieve for the watch list. This sieve would help to sort the watch list items making it easier to find that one item that is an odd ball listing amoung the 100's of others you might be watching.
rabrugioni
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi nev,

something I would like to have added is the option of not just have the catchwords checked against the auction title (coz people often do not include very basic searchwords), but also the description (coz people often do not include ANY nomal searchword)

Steven
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that one I can't really do.
Although you can specify to "search title and description", all AuctionSieve gets back are the result pages returned by eBay - ie just the list of titles with prices etc - ie not the full description.

To apply the catch and trash word filters to the description as well as the title would require downloading the item page for every single item. Not really feasible when you may have thousands of results. (And not very nice to eBay's servers...)
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: New Items & Favourite Sellers Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

I notice eBay has an option of searching for new items only and to add searches by your favourite sellers.

Just wondered if this could be added to the list?

Thanks,

Martyn
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can already do a search for new items - just select "New today" from the "Time frame" dropdown!

When you say "searches by your favourite sellers" do you mean searches *of* your favourite sellers? Ie the bit on the search page that says "From specific sellers (enter sellers' user IDs)"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: