www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuncanB
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: How Long Do eBay Listings Last? Reply with quote

An AuctionSieve and eBay newbie question - I've checked the forum archives but can't find the answer. Rolling Eyes

I see that once you add an auction listing to your watch list and it expires it is copied to your price history. Does this remain in your price history until you remove it manually or does it expire itself?

If it does persist, does the View function work forever or does eBay remove auction listings after a certain period? All I can find on the eBay site of any potential relevance is that "Searching by completed listings gives you listings that have ended within the last 15 days." This makes me anxious that listings might become inaccessible after 15 days.

My reason for asking is that most of the objects I search eBay for are unique though similar types of things (they're antiquities). I'm trying to build up a history not only of prices, but also of images since the descriptions are not always accurate. I could save each individual web-page, but that would be rather labour intensive both in the saving and the archiving. I'm hoping this is something which AuctionSieve can do by preserving the link to the original web listing.

If it can't, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might do this?

Thanks.

Duncan
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duncan,

Items remain in your price history forever until you manually remove them.

You can click on the View link to open the ebay page but eBay only keep the details for about 90 days (it was 90 days last time I checked). After that, you'll get an "invalid item" page.

So after that time, the only details you'll have are those in the price history. It's one of the reasons I created it because I wanted to keep details about the price of items over longer periods than eBay kept them.

As you've noticed in the feature request topic, one request is to keep the item image.

Nev
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: