www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: How do you run this thing? Reply with quote

Hi again,

Looks like I finally accomplished to figure out how to ask a question!

(Mac OS 10.3.9 , Safari, ) How do you run auctionsieve? Apparently nothing happens by double clicking on the auctionsieve. It acts as though it is starting the software and then , nothing. Please help.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I did read the fix that was posted. Quicktime reversal worked just fine, and I was able to invoke auction sieve, Now the problem is it gets out of memory java errors and aborts. Apparently my 512 meg of memory is not enough for crazy searches.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

Well I am learning more and more and it is a pretty interesting software. It would have been great if there was a way to exlude specific sellers . If that would become a feature , it would make it so much more refined.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sol,

Glad you found the answer and got it working!

You can give AuctionSieve more memory - info is in the last answer here :
http://www.auctionsieve.com/faq/#mac_memory

Nev
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

I don't know if you did get the email I sent you or not. If you did please send an acknowledge reply.

I hace started using the watch list and downloaded the latest beta and noticed that the increase of memory for mac is already in there as it is set to 256Meg. I have got kind of confused a bit since there are some changes but other than that I have started to add items to the watch list which is pretty nice. Now the thing is that somehow the time on the watchlist is off by about 40 minutes from the eBay Time. I cant seem to get to the bottom of it. Some other auction is off by 70 minutes? Would you know why?

Thank you again,

Sol.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

And the other thing is ( Please correct me if I am halocinating ) that the refresh botton is missing and I can't figure out how to refresh the watch list . I even slapped myself a couple of times but I just can't figure out how to refresh the watch list.

Sol.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more problem also is that when you do copy a url and add to watch list that way , it does not get the gallery image even though there is a gallery image on eBay.

Sol.

I am thinking maybe I should revert to the old version but dont know how.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the url is is added to the watch list from the sieve , it does copy the gallery image fine.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Now I am not going crazy! Please believe me! I some how went back and forth to the watch list and there is the refresh botton! Nope not haloocinating! And No sir I did not smoke anything either and did not take any pills! I have to do this again to see what I did !

The gallery images for the auctions that were added by the copy feature though still do not show images. So that Problem still stays. Maybe I should exit and come back in?

Sol. Twisted Evil Question Question Question Question Question
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

I still can't figure out what happened but I am guessing somehow It went back to the official version and not the latest beta !

I hate to quit to go check to see if the memory is reset to 128 Meg?
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now , I am really confused as I thought the version was something like 1.7. something and checking the about auctionsieve shows the version to be 5.0.

Any how somehow it switch appearance to what it used to be in the first download i did.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I think I managed to get to the point that I understood what was happening for the most part. After update with the beta version, it opened auctionsieve in a peculiar way being that the spacing was off a bit and the options window was open and with the green bottons on right , one being watch list , it all looked different and when you look at watch list through that green botton, it does not display refresh botton .

The other problem though still exists with the gallery images not getting copied when item is added through copy of the url . Sometimes the copy does not work ( it does not prompt you and ask if you want to add it to watch list) . 1/2 dozen crashes also so ned if you want a copy of something let me know how to get to it and I gladly email it to you.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, store searches are pulled from the list by ebay a few days ago ( read their last group of announcements) which was really a stupid thing to do on ebay part after they added it. They got a bunch of idiot planners that sway from one side to the other as soon as someone writes them an email. It was a good thing which they should have left on as it really did not take away or add any problem to the people that were only after live auctions. Too many changes too often.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if I clearly mentioned this but It appears that one can not copy a URL of a Store Item and add it to the watch list.
hadjibaba
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Looks like its me and my shadow and either nev is busy or I kind of maybe should open a new topic.

Auctionsieve is in so many ways good but the bottom line is that it has some serious problems also ( maybe its the beta ) which take away the reliability factor.

Good in that it is a useful media replica'ing searches with a user friendly interface , which even though has lots of room for improvement , is even at this point after being in exposure to it for a few day and learning the handle, becomes likeable.

The crashes, loss of sieves and loss of items on watch list and erractic behavior kind of make it unreliable . I am not sure why any of what has happened , has happened . Maybe there are limitaions on it which I am not aware , but I have been really trying to load it up ( Quality and Quantity Test) .

Another thing that bothers me which I have to look into is how it parses in to quickserv.net and adfarm and such sites which I really do not understand at this point .

Right this moment I just am kind of feeling that auctionsieve let me down as I really did not expect sieves to dissapear and they have without no specific pattern ( some 20 sieves , about 1/4 missing and sieves that were added at start, mid point, or late , not all bunched in one group) which really scares me away . I wonder if the losses have taken place because it only saves the list if it exitted properly and that the reason for losses are basically the crashes.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: