www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Introduce yourself, fellow users Reply with quote

Thought I'd start a thread for us to share a bit about our backgrounds and who we are. Share as much or as little as you like!

Name : Neville Ridley-Smith
Got addicted to eBay : about 2 years ago
Collect : old Dungeons & Dragons
Day job : Enterprise Java contractor for big business - latest job was working on this site - http://www.australia.com

I've actually dropped off from doing any collecting presently - my time is stretched so thin that I decided that, rather than scouring the eBay listings, I'd spend that time in making improvements to AuctionSieve. I do still run it but only to quickly look at the stuff at the top of my D&D sieve and also build up my Price History of rare items.

My main D&D sieve retrieves roughly 1000 auctions (auctions ending in 24 hours) and I've got about 1600 trash words and a couple of hundred catch words.

I also use it when buying other stuff (most recently a mobile phone) to whittle away all the rubbish and group duplicates. (The most frequent action I take is to double click an auction title, which selects the entire title, and add the whole thing to the trash.)
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: My Bio Reply with quote

Good Idea Nev!!

Me :D

Name - Martyn Parker
Age - 42
Occupation - British Shopping TV Presenter
Location - Peterborough, UK
Hobbies - Golf, Carp Fishing

Discovered Auctionsieve when looking for a tool to help search for really specific things on eBay. My main searches are for clothes by British designer Paul Smith, Golf Gear, Carp Fishing Gear and various things like books, my favourite hair product etc etc etc.

I also sell a lot on eBay and have used it to move many items and made some good profits too.

I use Auctionsieve umpteen times a day and am always tweaking my searches to bring up some very specific items. I could not live without it and hope that Nev continues to develop as there is nothing else like it out there.

I also use a program called Aution Tamer which handles all items I am selling and watching and I am registered with a 'snipe' service as when I see something I like I want to ensure that I win the auction. I rarely buy from anyone with less than 100% feedback and expect as good a service as I am prepared to give.

Keep up the great work Nev!!!!
rabrugioni
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Allen Brugioni
Ebay: Been selling/buying on Ebay for a year.
Collect: Anything I can re-sell for a profit
Day Job: I own a small lawn care business. The season is over. Time to find other ways to earn income.

During last winter I discovered and begin using Auction Sieve as an alternative to Ebay's search engine. Really just used it to find out what the going price was on some of my stuff that I wanted to sell. Now, I'm considering to figure out how I can use it to find bargins that I can resell. Since it's been sometime since I used Auction Sieve, I will have to relearn how to use it. But since winter is setting in, I should have more time to spend learning Auction Sieve, Spare Dollar, Shooting Star, and my other auction management tools.

Although, I'm far from being a computer expert. I do like to fancy myself as a amature computer geek. I spend too much time tinkering around on my computer (and my wife lets me know about it) and trying to figure out stuff.

My hobbies outside computers are hiking, camping, motorcycles, ayur-veda, and diet/health related issues amoung others.

Although I do lawn care in the summer, I'm looking to make a change. It's OK work and I like being outdoors. However, I'm not getting any younger and it would be nice to find a way to earn income without breaking my a** everyday.

I'm considering to start an Ebay related business. The main problem, which I'm sure many Ebay'ers have, is finding a steady flow of unique products. Any suggestions? Do any Auction Sieve members that are across the pond have any ideas? New or unique products that might not be in the US yet?

Anyway, enough said. Time to get back to work. Argh!
rabrugioni
aj
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name : Julie
Got addicted to eBay : 5+ years
Collect : hand-made art of all sorts
Sell: My own artwork
Day job : Software engineer

Have been using AuctionSieve for a bit but this is my first visit to the forum, because I need to figure out how to move my AuctionSieve data to another PC! I posted a separate query about it.

Thanks for this terrific tool!
stickman
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Bruno
Got addicted to eBay: 3 years ago
Collect: gadgets and tech stuff
Day job: Engineering Student

Discovered Auction Sieve while searching for a linux ebay app that would ease my searches, seems like I got it.

Great job!
Simon Patterson
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Simon
eBay: 2 Years
Collect: Books
Day Job: Java Developer

Morning all, I started using this last night, and just wanted to say it's great. I've tried a few others and they're all, blah blah blah, I want something which will bring me the big set of results, and which I can then further sub-divide, and get rid of the crap - this does that! Cheers.
TedC
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Ted
eBay: 5+ years
Collect: Antique Books
Day Job: eCommerce consultant

I am extremely happy to have found AS - still trying things out etc, but already a big Wow! Thanks Neville !
ogreden
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Nev I am here finaly.

Name: Bruce
eBay: various times over past 5 years
Collect: AD&D And gaming items
Day Job: Stay at home dad

I met NEV on the Acaeum forums. I was selling AD&D at the time on ebay and he asked if I would be interested in trying his new program and letting him know what I thought.

Well I liked it had a few suggsetions off and on and have slowly been getting back into the realm of selling AD&D again for a side business to help make some money.
pixeladd
Posted once

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: hello everyone Reply with quote

hi everyone my name is james and me and my friend have started up a brand new ebay/auction add site, you can add your ebay item or shop with a direct link to it, check it out
www.pixeladd.net
porky
Posted once

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone,
i found auctionsieve yesterday and although i am just having a look around, it seems just what i have been looking for:

name--kevin
age--45
ebay--2.5 yrs
buys--anything i can hopefully make a profit on
sells--allsorts
job--fork lift truck driver

i am glad i found this, cheers neville Wink
radosc
Active contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name : Radek
Got addicted to eBay : 5+ a long time i guess;)
Collect : cars Very Happy
Day job : Filmmaker. But I do better selling some of my cars as my garages cannot acomodate as many as I would like:)

I got AS half a year ago and it is working hard for me. Having found some beautiful cars hidden in some strange directories like BMW e9 in perfect condition for just 1500$ witch is about 1/10 of its worth! Long forgot Panhards and other beautiful cars. My cars need parts so my sieves results are in thousands Smile
durianfish
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

My name's Andrew and I'm a dealer in Australian coins & banknotes. I've been using AS for a while now, and it's not only helped me save a ton of time monitoring products in the areas I trade in, it's helped me get a few items that have made a load of money. I've bought some crap as well, but that's not the program's fault!
Beaters
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself, fellow users Reply with quote

nev wrote:
Thought I'd start a thread for us to share a bit about our backgrounds and who we are. Share as much or as little as you like!

Name - Warren
Age - 54
Occupation - Biomedical Librarian, Dealer in Rare Books
Location - Arizona, USA
Hobbies & Interests - Bicycling, Gardening, Fireworks, News & Current Events

I use Ebay a lot, but don't particularly like Ebay. One of the things I don't like about it is that Ebay Inc makes searching internationally more difficult than it needs to be. That's one reason why I like Auction Sieve. It lets me run similar searches on a multitude of international Ebay sites simultaneously. This relieves me of much of the tedium that goes with the search process.

Isolated as I am out here in the desert, I really do appreciate how the internet has enabled me to find a wealth of materials I'd never have been able to find before.

I applaud the efforts of Nev and others who have made my life and endeavors so much more fruitful. Thanks!
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it was about time I added myself here!

Name: Andrew Marchant
Got addicted to eBay : September 2004 (so more than 4 years ago)
Collect : Land Rover models
Day job : Loudspeaker Design engineer

I've been using AS for over 4 months. I got fed up with how inefficient the ebay site searches are, and having to trawl through 100s of items I didn't want to find the few gems I did. I'd searched for ebay searching programs before, but found nothing - until I found AS.

Now I can search ebay more often than I used to (twice a day instead of once every 3 days) - and it takes much less time to do so. I don't know how I'd manage buying on ebay without it now, I certainly don't want to go back!
Steve_Zissou
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Francisco and I am from Spain.
I read english, Write? very bad, Speak? No Laughing

I am an ebay user from year 2001.
I collect antique toys, rare books, some stamps, spanish comics.
I have tested several tools for ebay (search, bid, snipe, etc.) During several years I have use Mazepath Ebay Search, But this program does not work well with Vista and I decided to look for alternatives. It seems to me that AuctionSieve is a great software but I have ideas to improve it and make it more functional.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: