www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
radosc
Active contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: new ideas for auctionsieve Reply with quote

Hi, first of all thank you for a great tool. I've been using it a lot for a few months and has no issues with it. I have few observations at the moment thought.

-1- I always look for bmw 628 and bmw 635 things in few European ebay sites. Either i'll get a lot of searches like:

"bmw 635" "bmw 630" "bmw 628" "bmw e24" "bmw 633" etc and it makes a lot of work to count it as it would be like 20 x 10 sites searches.

I would like to define one search for few ebay sites being able to edit it when needed. I would just check-box interesting sites for me.

-2- Other thing useful would be addition of Polish ebay site. It uses standard ebay engine by now so should be a simple addition.

-3- Some time ago, there was an update to display item in their default ebay site. It was great French item in ebay.fr etc. Stop working now.

-4- Also I always get size of the columns reset. Would love to have them remembered.

-5- Please separete close all sieves menu item from get all sieves. Or even make a button for get all the sieves. Few times I have clicked close all instead of get all.

-6- Sieves are in tabs, please allow changing order. Now to change the order of tabs i need to close all sieves and open them ogain one by one in desiered order.

These were things that could be simple to apply. Now for a wish list Wink

- i would love image mode. Sometimes i have searches returning only a few items and would love to have button to receive big pictures of all item regardless if "miniature" option was selected by the user or not. When I search for classic car's parts in france for example I get a lot of foreign in technical and cannot check every item. Picture would tell me exactly if it is worth checking out.

From what I can see AS is working now by processing pages retrieved from ebay. Maybe it would be better to use their api?

- another idea is to export search results to html file. Or even working with the switch like AuctionSieve.exe -e bmw625 results.html in silent mode. Would be great.

- archiving whole auction would be great also. If a copy would be scheduled to be made when auction finishes would be lovely. I used to save all auctions with specified type rare cars to have price archive but it all depends on condition and other factors. I need to have it archived. Maybe just simple api to some internet archivisation sites?

- one of the last thing I would like to be changed is how AS handles connection errors. For now it stops displaying a message and I guess stopping. I would like better to have echo of how it is working to see which site it is connected how many auctions found one site by one and if it has problem with connection retry would be great. I get almost always some errors since I have 8 sieves and few hundred pages of results.

Anyway it was my few cents to help develop great software! Thank you very much for wonderful tool. My classic car collection would be much poorer if I couldn't sieve all the diamonds hidden in there! Thanks! Very Happy

Radek
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Radek!

1 Yes, someone else has requested the ability to turn on and off the extra searches - need to implement it. The one thing you can do though is create a single ebay search with all your criteria in the one search term, like
bmw (635,630)

2 Ok, I remember I had some problems with it before but it seems to work fine now so I'll add it (still needs a little bit of work though)

3 Well I changed it so that it opens in your default ebay site which seems to be the most appropriate thing to do but I could make it an option to allow you to open in the site where you searched for it

4 Heh - yeah - down on the feature request list

5 Ah yes, good catch - done - will be in next beta

6 Ok, onto the feature request list

Other stuff
- image idea - yeah - some sort of gallery/image mode would be good
- definitely plan to move to ebay api
- export is on feature request list
- yeah - archiving would be cool - I want that!
- yeah - error handling could be improved a lot - I would hope moving to the ebay api would help a lot

Thanks for all the ideas!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: