www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
masek77
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Ebay sucks.... Reply with quote

There is a general dissatisfaction with the ebay and paypal experience. Go to the various ebay sponsored forums and more than half the posts are about poor customer service, or some other problem with ebay, paypal or both.

This is what I am doing about it.

PAYPAL
As a seller I have offered paypal for many years. I listened to the people griping about paypal and wondered what they meant, as paypal had never froze my account or removed funds from my account, pending an investigation, etc. Then in January and February of 2006, I was hit by several scammers. Even though I had shipped the items with delivery confirmation paypal sided with the scammers and removed almost 700 dollars from my account. I did everything the seller protection policy stated to do and still was out 700 dollars.

Because of this I am now offering bidpay and soon gearpay for my auctions.

EBAY
I have often wondered why there is no other web site out there trying to really compete with ebay. Of course there are several "niche" websites but thats it. The problem of course is membership. There just arent enough member in the competing website to allow a seller to justify selling a product on their site as opposed to ebay.

The rumor is that google was going to produce a search utility that searched all the auction sites at once. Ebay nixed that when they threatened to sue.

Nev, is there anything that would restrict you from offering a version of auctionseive that would search 3 or 4 different sites at once and posting the results? If so the stranglehold that ebay has would be greatly diminished. Something like this would be the only way to bring back competition to online auctions.

Truthfully Im so mad right now that I am seriously considering trying to raise the money to put an ad in the NY Times asking someone to build a competing website to ebay...

Outside of another site that competes head to head with ebay Nev, it looks like you and your software are as Princess Lea said, "our only hope."

Ill get down off my soapbox now.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, "Nothing compares to the power of the dark side!"

It's a possibility but a very long way off in the future.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: