www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjforb
AuctionSieve expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: clipboard & AuctionSieve Reply with quote

I recall several updates ago seeing something about AuctionSieve being smart enough to ask if I wanted to add the auction number that was copied to the clip board. I have never had this feature work for me. I am running Mac 10.3.5 with the latest version of AuctionSieve. Someone please enlighten me. Am I wrong about this feature? How do I make it work? Thank you.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it should work like this :
- Have AuctionSieve running
- Surf around on eBay in your browser - safari or whatever
- Find some item you're interested in eg :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18833&item=3848644017&rd=1
- Highlight that url in the Address field
- Select Edit->Copy or the equivalent keystroke, Ctrl-c or curly-c on mac (or whatever it is)
- AuctionSieve should pop up a dialog asking if you want to add it to your watchlist

But it also works no matter where you copy the url from.
For example, you can right-click (menu-click on a mac) the url in this message and copy to your clipboard and AuctionSieve will pick it up.

It's a big possibility it doesn't work on the mac - I don't have a mac to do testing. Sad
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still love the ability to disable this function as I don't use the AS watchlist. Pleeeeaaaaassssseeee!!!

Thanks Nev.

Martyn
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry about that - I need to make sure it remembers your choice and add it as an option Embarassed

Out of interest - what would you need the AuctionSieve watchlist to have in order to use it instead of what you use now?
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew!! Ok Nev..... if you really want to know :D

1. The following information should be visible...

a) Item Number
b) Description
c) Current Price/High Bid & Shipping/Postage Costs
d) Buy It Now Price & Number Of Units Available
e) High Bidder (including feedback number)
f) My Current Bid (explained further down)
g) Seller ID (including feedback number)
h) Time Left In Days, Hours & Minutes (constantly updating like a countdown clock)
i) Ending Date & Time

2. The lines should be as thin as possible to enable you to see many on the watchlist page BUT as separate window/column should be at the side of the page so that the downloaded gallery image for each item can be shown by clicking/scrolling down the watchlist.

3. Configurable updating (1hr/30mins/15mins/10mins/5mins) of each item with auto updating every 30 seconds with 5 mins left in the auction.

4. Double clicking a watched item should take you to the items eBay page

5. Right clicking a watched item should offer up a menu giving things like...

a) Link to the sellers feedback page
b) Link to ask the seller a question page
c) Link to sellers other items
d) Link to manually update the item

6. One of the hardest to do may be this one from 'My Current Bid' above. In my current program - Auction Tamer - I can click a link that takes me to my online sniping service (there are many so this could be configurable in AS) allowing me to log in and place a snipe on an item. I don't do manual sniping but I am sure many people would want an option to do that too.

7. Each column should be sortable. i.e. time left, price, item number etc

There are other things I am sure (e.g. just showing the negative or neutral feedback that has been left for a seller) but I don't want to blow your mind too much.

If you did all of the above I personally would be willing to pay for AS as I am sure many others would.

Finally....... could you also please make it so that a search within a sieve can be disabled please...... for example, imagine I have a sieve that searches for a number of consumables that I might use but I have won an auction and have enough of item A to last me 3 months, however I still want to use the sieve to search for items B, C, D etc. I would love to be able to disable the search for only item A until I need it again rather than producing loads of results or deleting it altogether.

Willing to work with you on all of the above. I hope very much you might consider taking the project on???????

Regards,

Martyn
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: