www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Quick update Reply with quote

Sorry for ignoring everyone.
These last 2 weeks I've been wrestling with Vista.
I bought a new PC and I'm having all sorts of problems trying to get it to run and behave properly. It's taking up *way* too much time and I haven't had time for anything else.

I'll get on to AuctionSieve once I've sorted this out.

Nev
Trooper
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a laptop running Vista. I find I get a lot more problems than I ever did with XP!! I end up having to reboot because things don't work and I cant find out the cause.

Ian
merrillgi
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the opposite experience - I find that Vista is MUCH more stable than XP. I can let it run for days and days and days without rebooting - I had to reboot XP every day, or things would get funny. I find it to be very fast, too.

I bought my Vista machines very recently, and they have plenty of memory. That might make the difference. Vista was released too early, plus it took awhile for vendors to catch up with drivers. I followed the rule that you should never buy a Microsoft operating system until the first service pack, and that seemed to be correct again, in my case.

Another thing - Vista is deceptively like XP on the surface, but a lot of things are different under the surface. For anyone getting a Vista machine, my advice is to study it for awhile, and make sure you understand the differences before you commit your production work to it.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out the gpu was bad.
Waiting for a replacement to come in...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: