www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottgordon
Active contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: it's happening again (titles not appearing) Reply with quote

Again, titles not appearing on many of the auctions. Sometimes re-loading works, sometimes it doesn't. This was fixed in a recent beta, but it's happening again (and yes, I have the most recent beta 1.9.2.3).
vandemonia
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! It's still happening to me too. Sometimes the Sieve Search also turns up 0 items and I have to run it again (sometimes 3 or 4 times) before it 'works'.

John
vandemonia
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had one of my Sieves - 353 items found - all in the 'Not Categorised' section - all without titles. Crying or Very sad

John
wibble
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too - all it retrieves is the picture and the time left. The rest is blank. I'm on 1.9.2.3
vandemonia
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ... me too ... latest edition! I wonder if anyone else is having this problem!?

John
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

Me too! I guess that (yet again) ebay have changed their search results format... Sorry to drag you away from AS 2.0 again.

It doesn't matter which of my sieves I use (none are category sieves) - at least some of the results (sometimes all of the results) have no titles and no prices, very often the title is there but the price is not. Generally the picture does appear though. The time left can also be wrong, sometimes AS thinks an auction has ended when it actually has still much time left to run.

WORKAROUND - the items with no titles etc generally show up OK in the watchlist (but the time left can still be wrong). So I'm selecting more items than I normally do (all those with no titles) and putting them in the AS watchlist, then going through my AS watchlist and removing the chaff once the titles appear, before I start looking through (viewing) the listings left in my watchlist in my browser. Its not ideal - but it means I can carry on using AS.

I'm using AS 1.9.2.3 and I'm searching ebay.co.uk.

(Edit)
ADDITIONAL - Of course as listings have no titles, listings that would normally be caught by trash words are now appearing in results... Sad

WORKAROUND #2 - Once you've selected an item without a title and added it to the watchlist, click on the watchlist tab and then back on the auction - miracle, the title has now appeared! This provides another workaround IF you have an empty AS watchlist:
- select everything in your sieve, add it to your watchlist
- click on the watchlist tab and then go back to your sieve
- go back to the watchlist and delete the entire contents of your watchlist
- go back to the sieve again, click on a couple of the sort tabs (e.g. Price, Auction title - this is essential to drag auctions out of the not categorised filter)
- now select and watch the items as you normally would, enjoying full titles

(Edit)
ADDITIONAL #2 - The time left problem does mean that if you use either workaround, you get *loads* of chaff added to your Price History. So don't use these workarounds if the integrity of your price history is important to you! (Maybe back up your pricehistory.txt file first, so you can reinstate it later?)

Thanks
Andrew/Wickmesh
Trooper
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting similar problems to the above. I also get lots of auctions that only have a minute to run, (when in fact there can be days).
Adding them to the watch list then gets the correct data and you have to delete the ones you don't want. Bit time consuming but is a work around til Nev gets a solution.
Obviously eBay have been tinkering again!!
Ian
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you should all by now be aware of the new version.

Just checking - are there any other issues you still have?
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,
Just to confirm that 1.9.4 solved the above issues, and is currently running smoothly for me.
Thanks
Andrew
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: