www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nev,

I think Iīm running into difficulties. Iīm creating a history, and I know chaning the titles is too difficult so I have another request.

I need a sieve to organise my price history. I have 900 items in there, and 2500/week added and I would like to organise these. Don't know if this has been proposed before, if so, sorry.

Also, when items end in the watchlist, is it possible to move them to the history AFTER they have had a final check about the buyer and the price. Right now, it moves items to the history and I have to run a massive refresh, because the prices stated are incorrect.

Hope you can help me here,

Steven
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check and update the code that does the moving and make sure you don't have to do a manual refresh.

I've got some big plans for the Price History...

But in the meantime, would it be sufficient if I added a Remove button to the lower panel - the Price History search? Or would being able to change the titles solve most of your wants?

Changing the titles isn't all that difficult - I've just gotta do it - like the wads of other things I've gotta do.... Very Happy
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nev,

thanks for the update in the moving Smile appreciate it

The removebutton would be a great idea (at first I thought that clear would do that..oops Very Happy), But considering the number of items in my watchlist, a sieve to sort them out would be handier then a title changer (although I would never refuse such an excellent option of course Wink )
Especially if the 'junk' appears in the category 'not categorised' :)

Steven
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

Have you sneaked the seller ID and High Bidder into the watchlist or were they always there??

I am very interested to hear of your big plans for the watchlist as I am becoming more and more inclined to use it and abandon the other programs I am using :-)

Would still love to see the sellers feedback score, a separate box to show the images as you scroll through the list (to enable many more items on a page), the finish date and time (to save having to work out when 3days, 7hours & 14mins actually is) and, of course, auto refresh with a pop up window with the details accompanied by a .wav of your choice.

Also, if the above are all possible, how about adding a new tab to show ones own auctions, added by importing from eBay by username, and having all of the above.

Thanks,

Martyn
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good ideas.

The seller id and high bidder have always been there.

The big plans are more for the Price History, using stuff that I developed ages ago before AuctionSieve. It was basically an attempt at trying to semi-automate the intelligent collection and fine-categorisation of auctions.

A lot of the ideas are probably a bit too out there for public consumption - people get confused enough with catch-word weighting!

Ummm, but if you're interested...
In a nutshell I built a system where the Price History would dynamically build up a category hierarchy (with some user input over time) and then when you add new items it would try to figure out where the item should go in the hierarchy using a scoring system that would take the entire item description into consideration. You'd say whether the top scoring category was correct or choose a different one and the discrepancies would be remembered - ie the system learns over time and gets better at determining where something should go. It also tried to work out the condition of the item - ie mint, excellent, very good, fair, poor etc. The UI was very quick and dirty and not for consumption even by my developer friends let alone the public.

While I was mucking around doing that, I was getting annoyed at how tedious it was to go through auctions on eBay and the beginnings of AuctionSieve were born!

Anyway, I'm going to try to transfer across some of those ideas.
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey............

I love catch word weighting. It really helps sort the wheat from the chaff. You just need to experiment a little.

The 'big' plans sound great and although I have yet to be persuaded of the true merit of the price history I am looking forward to seeing all you mention.

Always willing to do some testing too.

Regards,

Martyn
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nev,

Sounds like very ambitious plans for the price history. Wouldnīt mind having a simple system for now to sort things through though...

But if you really want to make it, Iīd love to beta/test for you Laughing

Steven
rabrugioni
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nev,
Just a note of encouragement. Mr. Green I like a lot of the suggestions I've been reading about tonight. And I look forward to the price history ideas your working on.

Ive been using AI more and more lately! Thanks.

Allen Very Happy
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nev,

I've decided to potentially make your to-do list even longer.

Would it be possible to add an option into the pricehistory so you can see that the item has ended AND that the price stated is the FINAL price for the item. Right now it just states how long ago the auction ended, and I sometimes wonder whether I have refreshed the item so it shows the final price.

Thanks,

Steven
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's in the Price History then it should have the final price.
There were some logic bugs which meant this wasn't occurring properly but I hopefully fixed them all in 1.6.4.

This does mean that any auction added to the Price History before updating to 1.6.4 may not have the final price but for all new additions it should work.

If you find any occurrence where this is not the case - let me know!
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nev,

If itīs in the pricehistory itīs only the final price after a manual update. And because I donīt always correctly manually update the list means I donīt always have the correct final price in the pricehistory.

Steven
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, latest version does a check on startup that it's got all the final prices.
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Watchlist Search Reply with quote

Hi Again Nev,

Would it be possible to have a watchlist search option like in the main sieves tab.

I watch many items and would love to be able to search and isolate items by keyword exactly the same as in the temporary work area.

I hope this could be an easy addition as the whole module could just be replicated in the watchlist?

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks,

Martyn
aeromark
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new forum member here. First, thanks for all your hours on the software. I don't even want to think how much effort you have invested. That said...

Any chance of using a cache for the images or other data from items on the watchlist? I have a laptop with two connection modes - high speed at work and dial up on the road. It would be nice not to have to redownload all the images when I connect using the slooooow dial up.

Thanks again!
aaalexxx
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nev wrote:
aaalexxx wrote:
nev wrote:
Thanks for the message Aleks. Are you talking about when you click the View links? Or are your results only bringing back US items?

I am talking about the "View" links. They all open on ebay.com and I really would prefer if they'd open on ebay.de?

Ok Aleks, the reason for that is the eBay afiliate program - eBay give developers particular links. Currently they run the program for the US, UK & Australian sites, so if you're using any other eBay site I just make it go to the US site by default.

Hi Neve!
I just found out that there's an affilliate program for eBay Germany, which you can find here: http://pages.ebay.de/affiliates/login/

The problem: The page is in German. Maybe you can try a translation service ? Here's the same page translated by Google.

I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for, but I would really appreciate if the results popped up on eBay.de, I hope you can understand that...

Best Regards from Germany,
Aleks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: