www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Boost your feature request to the top of my todo list Reply with quote

Ok, so I've received a heap of feature requests from a lot of you.
I have every intention of implementing as many as I can but I need to prioritise them.

Here's your chance to boost your request up to the top of my todo list.

Just post a reply which states what your request is and why you want it.
The feature that gets the most requests wins!

Commencing shouting match in 3, 2, 1...

Nev
Aqua210
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: TRASH SELLERS Reply with quote

Being able to eliminate certain sellers automatically or by "trashing" them on a "trash list" ..
Aqua210
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: MOVE SEARCH FROM ONE SIEVE TO ANOTHER Reply with quote

The ability to move a search criteria from one sieve to another rather than having to redo the entire search then deleting it from where it is currently.
Aqua210
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: SORT SEARCHES WITHIN A SIEVE Reply with quote

Being able to sort searches in a sieve so it is easier to find the search you want to edit or delete etc.
fit_nut2
Active contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the "being able to eliminate specific sellers or to 'trash' them". Related to this is I'd like to see the Sellers name in the listing.

Second item is to have filenames that use the Sieve title in some way rather than just assigning a number --- makes for easier backing up and saving sieves for future use. This would also solve the problem of copying search criteria from one sieve to another.
tpro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Sieve Pulldown menu needs a fix Reply with quote

I can't get the pulldown to work right on any of my computers. It won't scroll. I have a large list of sieves and it won't scroll to the top... up or down.

please fix!
Thanks

This program is revolutionary!
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tpro,

Those non-scrolling menus are really annoying.
I'll put in some sort of fix.
I gather you're using "File->Select Sieve..." in the meantime?

Out of interest, why do you have so many sieves?
(I'd like to know more about how people are using AuctionSieve.)

Nev
Fred

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: How I use it? Reply with quote

Well it's a data miner. But...
Actually there are two kinds of searches I run with it.
Very specific word match searches that return a handfull of good results (and possibly misses a few that almost made the grade).
Or
A very loose search with a constantly expanding trash word collection. Other posters are right. There needs to be more options for trashing items. By seller is a good one, by category posted in would also be good.

With a loose search returning 35+ pages of hits, a range of filter options would be great... Just a thought, but I used a website reaper once that allowed you to nest filters to the bits you were downloading... Kind of like a simple process tree visualisation.

So you could have (reject if...) "Is more than £100" as the top filter, then below it have "Is sold by x", then below those two a range of conditions that might reject items that didn't pass the first two...

Building a tree like that avoids having to build (and express) single complex... "if it contains X and not Y, and meets criteria Z" type filters.

Just a thought...
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've definitely got plans to add more ways to filter.
Filtering by group should be possible.

Filtering by seller id is a bit trickier. (Which is unfortunate because it's one of the most requested features (and I'd like it myself!))

The result pages from eBay don't contain the seller id. Downloading the individual item pages for each auction would give me the information but that's a lot of pages and would take quite a while.

One idea I've had is this :
For every seller you've put in a special seller id trash list,
Go and grab the pages of items they're selling
And then filter out any of those item ids from any of your sieve results.

I could make it do this initial grab of pages when you run AuctionSieve or alternately you could fire it off manually.

The only problem is that some sellers have lots of pages of items for sale so it could take a while.

I'm drawing a blank on any better way of doing it...

Thoughts? Am I missing some easier way to get the seller ids of auctions?

Nev
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any more filters you'd like?

BTW if you register as a member in the forum you'll get an email notification when anyone replies to your posts.
strongBob4AS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Er, how about skins and nice icons? Reply with quote

I think AuctionSieve is a GREAT program. I know people who use it all the time... They talk about it daily.

However, I think it's UI can be improved. How about skins and nice icons? I think it will s3x it up - great for people who look at screenshots before downloading...

Anyway, keep up the good work! Twisted Evil
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind him - that's a friend I work with.
He's always hassling me to make AuctionSieve skinnable... Very Happy
jd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Er, how about skins and nice icons? Reply with quote

strongBob4AS wrote:
...How about skins and nice icons?...

Great idea! I too have been thinking how much more pleasant it would be to use AS if I could have more skins or icons... This is number 1 priority!
hackbridge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Is there a way to search descriptions as well as titles? Reply with quote

Am I right or am I wrong ? - it could be both!

When I download a search to Auction Sieve, am I searching only Titles or/and can it include Titles and Descriptions? The number of items in Ebay often are increased if you tick the box for both options.

Auctions Sieve is still the preferred search tool though!

Thanks again Neville
Aqua210
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: SELLER IDs AND SEARCHES Reply with quote

Ebay has just made a bunch of changes in their search criteria.. they now have it set up where you can search by specific seller(s) ID and title.. I am wondering if this change would have made the eliminate sellers easier..

Otherwise.. trashing seems to be the only way.. I have another program I use that eliminates sellers once it downloads the pages.. but I prefer AuctionSieve because it has the ability to search the last 24 hours of an auction.. I wish I could combine the 2 together.

I have nearly 1000 searches a day .. the time spent listing them was considerable.. I wish there was an easier way to go through and edit them now and then.. like alphabetizing within a sieve..
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: