www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluffmaister
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nev,

Is there a possiblity to delete items that have gone to the pricehistory because their listing was ended prematurely. Sometimes listings are ended early and actionsieve regard this as a normal ending, making the pricehistory somewhat incorrect.

Thanks,

Steven
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn - yep good idea - could flip back and forth between Price History or Watchlist search perhaps

aeromark - I had that on my original todo list but never got round to it and no-one ever requested it.... till now! :-)

Aleks - thanks - the reason I haven't joined up for that is they don't pay per bid yet, only for registrations

Steven - you can go to the Price History tab, go to the item, tick its box, and click the Remove button
schwartz1030
Officially active!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Features would make this my eBay Tool of Choice

1) Add Filter: Items Located In
2) Add notes to watched items

Cheers,

George
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums George!

1) You can do this. In the sieve properties, click on Show Advanced Search options... and tick 'Located in'

2) A Popular request - I'll definitely add it
schwartz1030
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, there it is.

That means I can give it a go for a week.

Thanks,

George
burchfamily
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Idea For Watchlist Reply with quote

I know that the watchlist gets updated at startup, but I usually have AS running all day and I've been finding myself looking through my watchlist and spotting something for a good price so I click view to make a bid then realize that the $2.50 bid I was about to make is $40.00 below the current bid Sad Yes, I know this is my own fault for not clicking the refresh all button first, but I was wondering if you might consider adding an option like "Update Watchlist every X minutes" where X is user defined like the notify X minutes before end of auction option.

I looked through a bunch of posts and didn't spot an idea like this, doesn't mean that I didn't over look it, so I hope this isn't a double post for an old idea.

Thanks for such a great program.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums!

How many others of you keep AS running all day?

Double posting is fine - I want that - it shows that a feature is a popular request. Refreshing of both the watchlist and results are highly requested.

Refreshing the watchlist periodically should be easy but I have a question for those of you who want sieve results to refresh.

If you set the refresh to say 5 minutes - what would you expect the behaviour to be? - ie if you have the "ignore already seen" filter turned on, and you come back in an hour, you'll only see stuff from the last 5 minutes. Should it do something else?
martynp
AuctionSieve master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nev,

Hope you are well.

I believe the watchlist should do either of these.....

a) Refresh the whole list at a user specified time interval (eg 30mins) and inform you with a sound, popup and/or highlighting

but even better....

b) The same as above but perhaps increasing the updates to 15 mins if an item is in it's last 24hrs, 5 mins in it's last 1hr and 30 secs in it's last 5 mins.

Don't know how hard this is for you to do but I think it would make it the most versative.

I don't currently keep AS open all day as it doesn't do the above. I just open it about every hour and run my searches. However, it would, WITHOUT A DOUBT, never be closed if it did the above.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Martyn
burchfamily
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy All,

I was thinking that another nice feature would be to have a checkbox or something similar for end of auction notifications. This way instead of having EVERY auction in the watchlist popup an end of auction at the specified time, only the items checked would initiate the notification. I only mention this because I put alot of items on my watch list to help me track ending costs before I decide to bid on something and don't need to see that they are ending, but if I've bid on something I want to see the action at the end to know if I need to put in a high bid. Maybe this would be too much of a headache to add, I don't really know, but thought I'd mention it to see what others thought about the idea.

Thanks for Reading
merrillgi
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to add another vote for a "trash list" for sellers. If it took a while for the program to go through the sellers and filter out the ones I wanted to filter out, that would be OK with me. I'd just let it work in the background, or go get dinner or a snack while it worked away. Such a feature would save me maybe one third of my eBay browsing time each day, which would be very significant.
aj
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: exclude certain sellers Reply with quote

I love AuctionSieve because it allows me to quickly trash things I am not interested in. Unfortenately, some of the sellers I don't like use good generic keywords so I have no way of excluding them. I would love to have a way to trash their auctions by specifying their user id.
stickman
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after a couple of hours of use, here go my early feature request:

1) Ability to search 'Items available to <COUNTRY>'

2) Selectable columns in sieve results. I mostly miss Shipping and seller rating, but there are other that would fit.
rabrugioni
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: trash cach word filtering straight from ebay Reply with quote

Probally already suggested, but I'd like to be able to use the trash/catch words to limit the number of items imported in the first place. For example: if I use "Samantha" as a search term, I'll get 17+ pages of stuff to import. However, I only want to search for a specific thing called Samantha which is related to home automation/security systems. So, my suggestion is to use the trash/catch words as a sieve that doesn't allow all the pages of garbage through, thus taking less time and bandwidth to download.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unfortunately that's not really possible. It's only once the data is downloaded that the filtering can be applied.

If you can figure out which trash words generate the most results you can add them to your search criteria (Advanced Search Options) as exclude words. The problem with eBay is there's a limit to how long the search url can be and therefore how many exclude words you can specify so I can't just add all the trash words.

I could try and do some smart analysis over time to find out which trash words occur most frequently and dynamically generate the exclude words but there are quite a few isses involved in that.
rabrugioni
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: