www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Price history and Watchlist Reply with quote

The price history is now showing a lot of items that have not ended. The watchlist is recapturing items deleted from the price history, and placing them back in the watchlist. This has been a minor annoyance for a while now and is becoming more numerous.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me some example item ids so I can replicate this?
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Price history and Watchlist Reply with quote

I will, if it happens again. Lately when I clear the price history, it will have items that have not ended yet and I just remove them. Once I clear the price history, some of the items I remove are placed back into the watchlist. Thanks for the new upadate.
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject: Price history and Watchlist Reply with quote

I will if it happens again. Thanks again for the update.
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Price history Reply with quote

This item number is in my price history. 224476309665. It ends in more than 2 days. 224476309665 RARECast Signed THE WALKING DEAD 87 9.8 COMIC SDCC NEGAN Norman Reedus View US $163.50 27 chacanno 2d 19h 5m. Here is a snapshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17UX3Ba2uqSaZwUkgGMkroZFZYBoIRlyc/view?usp=sharing
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that item has ended.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/224476309665

It's been relisted.

So I think maybe the problem is that
- AuctionSieve got the original end date
- then the item listing was ended early for some reason
- AuctionSieve did a refresh on the item and found it was ended, so moved it to the price history
- BUT it's still doing its calculations off the old end date and showing that

So it's correct for it to be in the price history - it's just that there's no code to re-interpret the end date. It just keeps using the original end date.

I could write some code to check and update the end date/time.
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Price history Reply with quote

It's a small problem. Not a big issue. I just never noticed it before. Another thing that happens is ended items, get added to the watch list again for some reason. Another thing I never noticed before. I hope you are doing well and if you could respond to my pm, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the access to this amazing product.
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Price history Reply with quote

All of these items were added from my watchlist as ending after I cleared the price history and ran new sieves.

Here is a screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fP-Lhb162cVPPpehdiRYqzdAO6WNmbDF/view?usp=sharing

Items 2 days and 1 day old that I removed from my price history were added to my watchlist again after clearing them from my price history. Here is a screen shot,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/156if4HErSKgEASAAdurfi3_F0gFxlMAg/view?usp=sharing
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thought.

In Tools->Options->Watchlist tab

Do you have the options
- Watch clipboard for item numbers
- Automatically add to the watchlist without asking me
both turned on?
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: Price history and Watchlist Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that they have both been checked for a very long time since this is a fairly new occurrence. What does the "Watch clipboard for item numbers" do and why would it add it to the price history? I copy and paste a lot of data. Does this store what I copy and paste somewhere that I am not aware of? The "automatically add to the watchlist without asking me" checkbox seems to do nothing. It would be a great function, but it doesn't seem to work. I have to manually add to my watchlist after every sieve.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, turn off 'Automatically add to the watchlist without asking me'.

Then you should see the behaviour in question - ie whenever you copy an ebay item url or a 12 digit number, AuctionSieve will popup a dialog asking if you want to add it to the watchlist.

If you click yes, AuctionSieve will add it to the Watchlist - and retrieve the item details. Depending on the details it retrieves, it may place it in the Price History if it thinks the item has ended.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: