www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  

AuctionSieve on the PocketPC?
That would be awesome!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
I don't have internet on my PDA.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
All I want is to export alarms for auction end.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't even have a PDA.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I have a PDA, but would never use this.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

gaines
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: AuctionSieve for PocketPC (iPaq/Axim) Reply with quote

Firstly, I absolutely love AuctionSieve and think you've done a wonderful job. I'm particularly fond of the fact that it automatically checks for/downloads updates. :)

There is one problem though. When I'm out and about I don't realize that an auction which I was watching is about to end, or if I do think about it I don't know what the item number/URL is. I have an iPaq hx4700 which I can surf the web with, so I could place that winning bid if there was an easy way to keep up with my auctions while away from my PC.

I've never personally done any development for PocketPC 2003 so I don't know how difficult it would be to port the existing codebase over for full functionality (plus a bit of tweaking for the 640x480 landscape), but at the very least it would be wonderful to have a little app which would sync with AuctionSieve and allow me to see my watched auctions. The search capability really is unimportant on the PDA, IMHO.

What do you think? Is this doable? I am a developer and would be willing to help in any way I could, although I'm not very familiar with java development.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be pretty awesome. :-)

I just did a quick search and came up with something called Auction, Anywhere by Abidia. Looks pretty good :
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2739
http://www.abidia.com/

Otherwise, I'll whack it on my todo list... ;-)

Nev
gaines
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a quick reply!

I have Abidia Wireless installed on my PocketPC, but it works on the eBay watch list and I can't easily sync my watched items with AuctionSieve.

Thanks for putting it on the to do list. I know there is only a limited number of users who would benefit from this initially, but consider all of the clicks/referrals you're missing out on by us PocketPC users not being able to bid on items. *grin*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: