www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jake
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: +S3 - seller id search/include/exclude Reply with quote

+S3 - seller id search/include/exclude

Thats my vote, I want to be able to filter out certain sellers. I collect trading cards. I use auction sieve to help me find the great deals, by filtering out the junk, however usually all the results I get are card related. What I use the filters for is to try and slim it down extremely so that what I see I will probably want.

However there is a list of sellers that just loves to make life difficult, they have sinlge cards in the giant lot categories INTENTIONALLY, how rude... the keywords they use are keywords I would not want to filter because it would eliminate good results as well. So if I could just make a list of sellers to filter out that I would most certainly not want to buy from anyway, that would rock.
gaines
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this 100%. In any given sieve there are usually a small number of sellers who post a bunch of auctions that you don't want to see. This isn't a problem when they use a specific wording in all their auctions, but sometimes they use very generic terms in no particular order.

Great suggestion. I'd love to see this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jake
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: seller exclusion Reply with quote

OMG OMG! I just found this. It can do exclude of seller IDS. Does this mean it would be easy to implement?

Search up to 10 sellers ~ Separate names with a comma or space

sux though only 10 sellers.... guess that means we cant count on ebay to do the work, or maybe im wrong, very cool to see that seller exclusion exists though... I will keep looking

http://www.rssauction.com/
stickman
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, right now the most needed feature for me would be S8 (I've recently noticed I'm been missing several wanted items that were only sold on stores).

Another interesting one would be S11, as sometimes I have to go to ebay website to search a fair price for an item.

Main1 also looks like a good one...
pskaku
Posted once

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: 3 suggestions Reply with quote

Great program, congratulations!!
Here are my requests/thoughts
- I would like the ability, in the items I am viewing, to insert some notes.
- Also, I would like to be able to send a message to the seller of a specific item from within auctionsieve (like asking for postage costs)
- Are you considering of adding an auctionsieve motor online, i.e., I would like the ability to receive by email (on my PDA, while I am travelling) a list of articles from a specific sieve I have
beasterbrook
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the seller name on the main search screen (and to be sorted by seller), this way you can see how many items a particular sell is selling of what you are after ... i like to buy a couple of things from the same sell, it custs down on overseas shipping costs per item

Brette:)
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brette!

Gee, I haven't checked in on the acaeum for months.

I'd love to put the seller on the main screen, especialy so you could filter out the rubbish sellers. Unfortunately that info isn't on the result pages that ebay returns.

Maybe one day when I convert to using the proper ebay api...

Nev
beasterbrook
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

though I'd give my 2 cents now that I can get the program to work;)

Brette:)
ogreden
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is my list for adding to the vote Nev.

S
S11 I really would like this
S13
S14
S15
S16 Again a definate need and yes
S18

F

F7
F8
F16
all of these would be great

R

R8
R9 definate
R13 would be great

T

T2
T2b
T2c
T2c
T6
T8
T9 definate

W

W3
W5 would be great
W7
W18
W24 Yes for the new idea
W32
W34
W35

W (Idea)Allow you to designate what is always on top or stickey selected items to remain at top of page in the watchlist.

P

P2
P5
P6
P7
P(idea) Run Sieve on finished items only and then allow the results to be selected and added to the price list for averages

Otherwise the only thing I could wish for would be for multiple catagories in the overall sieve list. I really need to catogorize my sieves so that I can better manage what I am looking for. For instance I have a sieve set for DMG's and it woul dbe nice if I could enter that under a sub catagory to choose from at the top level like being able to set it as HCRULE BOOKS.
So that when I scroll over that catagory it would drop down and allw me to go to the selected book under that catagory and select that sieve.

As it stands now I am scrolling down an extrememly long list of modules, accessories, rulebooks and who knows what to find the one I want to run.

Shocked Laughing

You asked Laughing Laughing
DuncanB
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Current feature requests - vote! Reply with quote

Hi, I've only just downloaded AuctionSieve and find it very useful (thanks!), but there are a few things I'd like to be able to do but can't currently. From the Current Feature Requests post (last updated by Nev Tue Nov 15, 2005), I'd vote for the following. I've added my reasons where not obvious in case you can do it already and I've missed it. I've tried to search through the forum for answers, but haven't found them for these. Please advise me, if I've missed an answer. Thanks.

My highest votes would go for:
(a) Being able to search for multiple variations of spellings through some sort of regular expression so that I can find things which are spelled incorrectly as well as correctly. I guess this is S16, R2 and Misc27.

(b) Related to (a) being able to search for a number of different terms in one box without having to add a completely new search. You can do this in the eBay advanced search: (term1,term2,term3).

(c) Being able to search Worldwide (as you can on eBay itself) rather than just eBay.co.uk or eBay.com etc - I've had to duplicate searches to enable me to do this.

(d) Completed item searches - and being able to add them to the price history easily.

S - Search options to add
++S11 -- search for completed items
S16 - advanced typo searches

F - Add Filters
+F13 - option to make catch words override trash words

R - Results
R2 - regexp for word searches
++R8 - ability to trash specific item
R9 - show price history and average (ie subresults table) as tab under main results - Temp area is other tab

W - Watchlist
W1 - add columns:
+W2 -- shipping/handling/postage - if not found allow user to insert
+W14 - ability to add notes to watchlist/price history item
W28 - ability to import from ebay watchlist
W29 - cache images of auctions added to watchlist - particularly good for dialup users - also for price history maybe
W35 - export/import of watchlist/price history

P - Price History
+P5 - dynamic graphing of price history - price over time
P7 - ability to exclude stuff from price history queries/averages

Misc - Miscellaneous
Misc27 - allow substitution so, for example, e will match é, è, ê

Thanks, Nev, a very useful product.

Duncan Very Happy
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've updated the feature list.

pskaku, I've added your ideas and votes for W14, T2n & R16

Bruce, I've added yours as well

Duncan, you can do (b). The search term in AuctionSieve can be anything that you'd normally enter into eBay's search field, including all the wild cards etc! Regarding (c), you can specify items "Located in : any country" in the options.

Thanks everyone! I'm starting to get back into coding at home after a bit of a drought.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce,

The newest beta has Sv6 - ability to specify a group - to allow hierarchy of menus under sieve list.
Actually you specify a list of tags and the Sieve menu will be dynamically constructed with appropriate sub menus.
Let me know what you think over here :
http://www.auctionsieve.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=147
wpitman
AuctionSieve expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

As a former "Watson" user -- I can now say that I like AuctionSieve even better. The following are some ideas to make a great program even better (I think I originally posted this in the wrong thread as that one looks dead):

1. For the Sieves drop-down list -- I have more sieves than will list -- it cuts off the first part of the list. I can use the File/Select Sieve but it's slow. I would like a scrolling list feature.
2. When selecting a Sieve (either with the drop-down list or the File/Select) I like the option to have it "automatically" Get auctions! -- a one step process -- not a two-step process of selecting the auction and then Get Auction!
3. The option of adjusting the columns listed.
4. The option of font size -- it's too big, I'd like it smaller -- to fit more on my laptop screen
5. The option to adjust the permanently adjusting the column size with a preference.
6. What does the "cross" symbol mean after the price on the Watchlist?
7. On the Watchlist -- I'd like to see a notation if it's a reserve auction and the reserve is not met.
8. On the Watchlist & Sieve views -- I like a shipping fees column to be listed AND a total = "bottom line price". The shipping was temporarily visible for about one day when eBay was changing things
9. On the Watchlist -- I like to be able to "color code" individual auctions like I can files and folders in Mac OS. This way I can highlight the most critical ones I'm tracking. Also, I'd like a column to type in a rating --m 1.0-10.0 & be able to sort-up on the column.
10. On the Watchlist -- to be able to use "find" in addition to the Price history search on the Watchlist
11. On the Watchlist -- drag the mouse over the picture and have the pic automatically enlarge and go back to regular size simply be moving the mouse (having to click a close box)
12. To automatically "update" option every xx minutes (like email) or "live" update
13. Often when the computer sleeps, AuctionSieve doesn't want to refresh and seems to hang.
14. For price history -- I lost all my price history when it got up to 1400+ -- why? I'd like a warning before losing everything so that I could have manually deleted past auctions. Also, a way to permanently protect auctions as desired.
15. For price history -- I'd like to keep separately the auctions I've won. Also, to keep track of (checkboxes) payment, item received, eBay rating given, etc.
16. For seller -- add "Feedback" number and positive % to the screen.
17. For price history -- be able to Price History Search & REMOVE box -- not just a clear box.
18. I'd like a contact me by email option within 5 minutes of close of auctions -- not all auctions just the ones I deem important enough.
19. Long-term I'd like to automatically update on multiple computers (on my .Mac account) or iDisk. This would allow me to use AuctionSieve both at home and office without copying files back and forth.
20. Be able to search the "sub-categories" (including manufactures, size, color, type, condition, etc.)
21. Be able to search local -- i.e. 25 miles of my zip code

--Walt
Syncopator
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Current feature requests - vote! Reply with quote

Wow. That's some list!! Here are my votes:

#Sv5 - can edit search term on main screen
+Sv6 - ability to specify a group - to allow hierarchy of menus under sieve list

S2 - change search to use ebay's new URLs ie make it faster hopefully
++S3 - seller id search/include/exclude
S12 -- adult auctions
++S16 - advanced typo searches

F1 - show JUST the items that have been trashed

++++Main1 - allow opening/running of multiple sieves at the same time
++Main2 - option to Get Auctions for all sieves (ie start running all open sieves)

R5 - display count of items next to each catchword (both count in main results and absolute count (ie including trashed items))
R6 - likewise for trash words
++++R8 - ability to trash specific item
R15 - option to display as grid of images
+R16 - when autorefreshing - email new results to specified address

T2 - add columns:
T2e - ending date/time
T3 - interpret ending date so it's sortable and displayable as time left
T7 - ability to set colours - eg for catch word titles
T10 - change 'Clear' to 'untick (*uncheck*) all' Smile
T11 - show View differently to indicate actually viewed

W8 -- links to seller and high bidder
W9 -- link to ask seller a question and other sellers items
W11 -- general notes - ability to specify your own columns? like checkboxes for paid/left feedback/etc
+W15 - autorefreshing of watchlist
+W17 -- or auto - does updating according to how much time is left - more frequent for items with short time left
+W18 --- eg every 15 minutes if in last 24 hours, 5mins in last hour, 30 secs in last 5 mins
W19 -- notification if bids changed or other criteria
W21 - or ability to sieve the watchlist? - with just catch words?

Opt2 - specify autoupdate every x day (for those who keep it open constantly)

Misc5 - improve interface Smile
Misc18 - add more shortcut keys
Misc20 - put some sort of graphic up top, perhaps behind buttons etc - eye candy!

Mac2 - hand cursor for view links is dodgy
Mac3 - macify the UI - eg menu location (••••• !!!!!)

Keep up the good work!!
pickpocket
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: A couple of votes Reply with quote

Hi
Add my vote to
W14 - ability to add notes to watchlist/price history item
R8 - ability to trash specific item

Great software
Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: