www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sticks56
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: VOTE Reply with quote

I vote for W2
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S3 - include/exclude seller ids is in the latest beta.
Get it while it's hot!

This will probably be the last feature I add before I start work on AuctionSieve 2.0

AuctionSieve 2 will use the ebay api and therefore I'll be able to do all those things people have wanted for ages like searching for completed auctions.
sonnichs
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nev- thanks for activating my account. Here is my "wish" liist:

1) ability to mark item as already viewed-If I have leave my terminal and return later I do not want ALL of the items already marked as "already viewed". I would like to check them off as I view.

2) Trashing vendors: +S13 ++S3 but with "trashing" method: Ability to highlight vendor and add to trash just as is done with item titles-At present the method of omitting vendors by hand typing in the serach options is cumbersome.

3) ability to list vendors alongside item. This folds together with 2 above

4) +Cat2 :listing categories by name-
ebay does not have a complete searchable list of number vs category and it would be a lot easier just to see this item right on the sieve

5) ability to delete a sieve - perhaps there is an option for this that I missed

6) Sv3 ability to copy a sieve

Thanks
FS
musaeum
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from the other side of the world...

... where I'm using the sieve since about a month, and like it quite a lot.

Looking at your impressive list of possible features I'd like to add my vote on the follwing items:

F13, of course
T6, would be nice
Sv6, woiuld be nice since I already have a dozen of sieves
Cat1, Cat2, I like the way GarageSale lets you choose categories.
F2, F3, allowing to catch/exlude (sub)categories like its done with keywords
F13, quite logical
F17, can be helpful, but needs to be thought out otherwise you get lost.
R5, R6 very important.

* I would suggest that two sorts of counts are displayed: the total number of hits, and the *exclusive* number of hits, i.e. how many times this trash/catch word is the only one that pointed to an item. This may help with cleaning up a long list of keywords.

R11, would be nice
R13, eventually helpful
T1, especially when more and more columns are addes
T2a, see above, required to filter categories
T2i, may be helpful, but needs to be well thought out
T4, already done?
T6, of course
T10
T11, not sure what is meant here but I propose:

* an 'already seen' checkbox that get automatically ticked as soon as the item displays on the screen. Thus when I scrolled half way through a long list, I can pause and come back another day, do 'get auctions' and by setting 'ignore auctions already seen'. only those auctions are filtered that I indeed already saw on screen.

T12, would be nice
Misc 16, the checkable area could be larger
Misc17, very helpful when using the 'view'-link instead of checking + View
Misc27, very important. Please do not forget german umlaut, which means ü=u, but also ü=ue

* is it possible to add a country named 'Europe' to the list of countries? Ebay Germany does provide this option. Its helpful if I want to have all countries around me, but not the results from US, for instance.

Cheers
Martin
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good stuff.

Well I had a think and managed to do F13 fairly easily (catch words override trash words) - it's in the latest beta - just tick the checkbox in the trash filter.

sonnichs, have a look at the menu File->Select Sieve...
You can delete a sieve from there.

Martin I looked into the Europe thing and it's not quite the same as just adding a new country. It'll have to wait till I do my rewrite to use the ebay api.

Nev
copernicus1472
Posted once

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nev-

I've been using Auction Sieve for nearly two years now and I must say that it's starting to get seriously dangerous -- my wallet has never been thinner!!

The ability to include/exclude sellers has been really helpful since a lot of my searches involve sellers selling counterfeits. What I have discovered is that they keep creating new accounts so it is difficult to keep up with them. Most of the time though, they are located in countries well known for such activity. I buy worldwide but prefer not to buy from certain locations. Is there an easy way to modify S1 to enable it to exclude a list of locations? That would really help.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!
musaeum
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nev,

something I was thinking about when lately setting up some sieves...

Today, you have catch words and trash word, plus some filters.

I imagine it being useful to enhance catch and trash word to something like catch and trash *property*! Meaning, for instance, the catch & trash lists may contain not only keywords like todays list, but they may also contain seller ids, countries, categories, price ranges, etc.

Thus, you would no longer need an extra "filter" section, the whole filtering can be concentrated on two lists. You should be able to setup complex filtering just by highlighting the corresponding text in the listing and adding it to catch or trash property.

Of course, these lists must be able to display different type of data - text, category ids (and names, please), sellers, countries, price ranges, etc.
Each entry in the list might have the "hit" count, and also an "exclusive hit" count, so I have some information to manage the lists effectively.

Cheers
Martin
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@copernicus1472 - pretty sure I can't do that. Sad

Martin - interesting idea - it certainly has merit but I'll have to think about it some more...
Xar
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Search all country in europe at the same time. Reply with quote

This software is nice, but there is a setting that I miss when using it.
I live in europe and when ordering outside of europe I often have to pay high tax and shipment, when using ebay without this software there is an option to search for all object located in europe instead of selecting a single country in europe but when using auctionsieve I can't find this setting, if it could be added Auctionsieve, it would really make search for items in europe easier.
Thank you
Biker4Mac
Posted once

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started using AuctionSieve.

Here are my votes:

++T9 - allow shift clicking to select range of checkboxes?
+S5 - search on distance
+S9 - ability to search ebay motors
+F12 - add "ignore previously seen" that works across all sieves
+R4 - ability to update results (ie get again but add to results - don't blow away previous results, and display which are new)
R7 - display auctions as pages are being downloaded
+T2m - sticky checkbox to specify items that should always be at the top no matter what sort order
ebaycurious
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using AuctionSieve for a while. One of the most useful freeware apps I've ever come across (and I come across quite a few being in IT for nearly 2 decades Smile ).

Casting my feature requests vote:

W5 -- feedback number of seller
R12 - export/import/save/load of results
R2 - regexp for word searches
F12 - add "ignore previously seen" that works across all sieves
T2m - sticky checkbox to specify items that should always be at the top no matter what sort order
P5 - dynamic graphing of price history - price over time
S12 -- adult auctions

Two additional requests:
- command line interface for running searches & performing functionality requested in R12 (perhaps other functions as well, but can't think of any that would be meaningful to run unattended)
- ability to create an "intersection" of items in multiple sieves based on common seller, thus creating the possibility of finding "combined shipping" deals

Thanks much, sir, for a truly helpful app!

AJ
mrpcc
Posted once

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: exclude categories Reply with quote

hi,
geat software.
I would like to exclude categories eg. album titles include many words, and i would like to exclude music as a category
swordplant
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: T2 PLUS a column to order by date posted please! Reply with quote

I would first like to offer feedback that this is absolutely a fantastic concept and in seriously helping me in my job! Part of my responsibilities are to go through very specific listings related to the organization I work for, and keep track of how they're doing.

It would be very helpful if AuctionSieve could perhaps add the option listed as T2 on this forum, with an additional column for date posted! (in addition to time left, ending date/time)

Because I'm reviewing up to 2000 listings a day, it's helpful to know which were the most recently posted. As it is now, I go through AuctionSieve and am able to weed through the listings more quickly, but I still need to refer to eBay for their option of ordering search results in the order of most recently posted, and on. It's hard to keep track of that on AuctionSieve... unless I'm unaware of an already existing option?

Other options I vote to add:
W14 definitely
F3
Main1
R8 Would be LOVELY
One of the posts suggested AuctionSieve make seives be tabbed, that sounds nice.
#Misc22, I often accidentally redirect to eBay when I mean to just pull up AuctionSieve.
C64 all the way.

Thank you for such a great product!
auctiongirl
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add a vote for search on distance.

Also to simply display the distance / be able to sort by distance. As well as other displaying / sorting that eBay's site offers.

Thank you for your software.
auctiongirl
Officially active!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One example of displaying that is a HUGE wish for me is to show the Shipping price in the list, and be able to sort by Price+Shipping like on eBay.

Also on eBay they let you put the seller userid right there in the results, seller feedback, if they have a store, distance from you, etc.

Thank you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: