www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sklanfurt
Officially active!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Search for Seller type Reply with quote

Just used the forum search and couldn't find one of the search features I use the most on the eBay website: Search for Seller type: Private
As more and more professional sellers earn money with used items, the best option to make real bargains for auction hunters (like us?) is by searching only private auctions.
As I mostly know what I'am searching for, I don't need professional high resolution pictures or nice html/css-styled listings made by professionals.
The option can be found in the advanced search (click for screenshot) .
Anyone else using this feature?
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there skianfurt,

AuctionSieve already has that!
Click on the Options button and you'll find it as "Seller Type must be"

The only caveat is that it's not supported on all eBay sites (eg Australia), in which case it will greyed out.
sklanfurt
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nev,
just looked into it and found the requested feature. The only problem is, that I'am searching a whole cagegory and when I use the "Search term" option, wehre it is indeed possible to exclude professional sellers, AS asks me to enter a search term to start a search.
Greetings
Simon [and thanks for the good work Smile]
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I really need to fix that....

Just enter anything in the search term and then, once it's created, delete the search term and enter the category and anything else you need in the options. Not very obvious I must admit.
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+T9
+S11
mianwagner
AuctionSieve guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Features Reply with quote

+S11 and +T9
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to request S5 please.

I want to find the items listed for local collection, as often there are real bargains here. Being able to use AS for these searches would save me a lot of time. There's 2 ways of doing this, either would work.

(1) Integrate with existing AS search functions (probably easiest?)
* "Item location > Within X miles of [postcode]" gets close - but still finds the local sellers whom post (ship) their items.
* "Delivery options"; "Free collection in person" tickbox is also needed, to find those items that the seller has listed for local collection (on ebay this tickbox is hidden until a distance from postcode is selected).

(2) Alternatively there is Ebay Local (https://www.ebay.co.uk/local/#) - I regularly browse this but of course not through AS.
* Being able to search by "Distance", "Postcode", "Price" and "Category" would be essential to make this work - but all these things are easy to specify as they are in the URL.

Example URL (not my postcode):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/local/#keyword=&category=58058&location=DE13%200RB&distance=15&priceMin=&priceMax=200&allListings=true&auction=false&bin=false&page=1&view=list&search=true&sortBy=StartTimeNewest
- downside to this is there's not an ebay.com equivalent that I can see?

(This could be solved by the ability to paste an ebay URL that AS then searches through - listed as an idea on Trello.

To make this work properly, I'd want to be able to search multiple ebay URLs per sieve please, the same way multiple searches contribute now.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: