www.auctionsieve.com
The AuctionSieve forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One feature I would love to see is the ability within each sieve to know which search within the sieve generated a particular item result.

Even if it's only a single field which gets overwritten when the same item shows up in multiple searches (so it only shows the last search that generated that item), it will be a massive aid to debugging sieves (and getting rid of junk results). We all know how it is: we develop a great sieve that gives us only the results we want, but over time items creep in that we're not interested in, and eventually the sieve takes ages to search with all the useless junk it generates.

Each search within the sieve could be assigned a number (which would show beside the list of search terms under options) and if the order of the searches is changed by the user, the number order doesn't change. That number is reported into a field along with the item number and other data AS collects, if the same item number is returned by a different search, the field gets updated. Even if it's an option only enabled by a "debug mode" or something similar, it will be very useful!

I've a particular reason: I think ebay often ignores the words you wish to exclude from a search (whether that search is done from AS or directly into the ebay search box). Example - I have a Mk4 VW Golf. I want to search for parts for Mk4 golfs but exclude those from Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk5 and Mk6. The search term has -mk1 -mk2 etc (and all the variations with roman numerals and asterixes) but so many get through that I've had to add Mk1, Mk2 etc (and all the variations) as trash words. Result is the sieve takes ages, returns 10k+ results from which I view only a few hundred...

Kind Regards
Andrew
armyx101
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me F15 and S15 would be great.
I like to look for the new items instead of the finishing items and usually you get thousands of results that make it almost impossible to find something.
clarkpeters
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Feature requests and voting Reply with quote

I request,

1. A new Filter for already viewed auctions, indicating actually viewed. (may be the same as T11 just worded differently as a filter)

2. Option to change image size shown in results/watchlist. thumbnails none/small/medium/large

3. Option to confirm closing of the program before exit.
(because results are not saved after exit)

and I vote for,

+++S17 - save last several search results automatically, then Get auctions from (date/time 1 hour ago, 2 days ago, etc) or just load last/previous search results

Sv1 - ability to disable searches within a sieve

W13 - seperate area to display picture for selected watchlist item

+T11 - show View differently to indicate actually viewed

++T9 - allow shift clicking to select range of checkboxes?
clarkpeters
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for my W13 vote a thought came to mind, this 'seperate area' could be just a new window when image clicked on, or an area left or right of results like a preview area, or a magnified image pops up when mouse over the image.
legendar
Active contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+S4 - search on condition new/used

It is very important option!
moozer
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Another command key request Reply with quote

Would it be possible to add a keyboard shortcut to close the active tab? Would be much easier than having to right-click and choose the close command.

Thanks!
jleslie48
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant software btw. anyway, can I control the size of the thumbnails? they are too big I would love to be able to set the pixel size so I can control how many results on on the screen at a time. I know I can turn off the images, and that is really good for the maximum search results on a screen, but sometimes I'd like just a really small thumbnail
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jleslie48 wrote:
brilliant software btw. anyway, can I control the size of the thumbnails? they are too big I would love to be able to set the pixel size so I can control how many results on on the screen at a time. I know I can turn off the images, and that is really good for the maximum search results on a screen, but sometimes I'd like just a really small thumbnail

Check your setting under Tools, Options, Sieve Actions, "Use large image thumbnails"... Untick it if it's ticked! It might help...

Andrew
jleslie48
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wickmesh wrote:
jleslie48 wrote:

Check your setting under Tools, Options, Sieve Actions, "Use large image thumbnails"... Untick it if it's ticked! It might help...

Andrew

yeah, I tried that, no effect. thanks anyway. - J
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wickmesh wrote:
One feature I would love to see is the ability within each sieve to know which search within the sieve generated a particular item result.[snip]

That'll be T2i then, please.

W34 would also suit me, but it's a nice to have.
memorezguy
AuctionSieve regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S11 Sv4 R4 W14 P5 would be my votes.

Quick feedback (I used AuctionSieve every day for years):

- On the Mac when the main window is expanded, use the extra horizontal real estate to show more of the active search term. (Right align the remaining controls).

- Allow for cloud storage/sync of sieves. I use AS on two computers and keeping them synced manually as I update sieves (add new trash words, etc.) is a PiTA.

Thanks for a great product. I hope you make tons of money from my auction bids/wins.
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memorezguy wrote:
- Allow for cloud storage/sync of sieves. I use AS on two computers and keeping them synced manually as I update sieves (add new trash words, etc.) is a PiTA.

Yes it is. Which is why I run AS from a flash drive! I can run it on any computer therefore, including at work, or even friends/family when away from home.

I'm still very keen to see T2i please Very Happy
Suskis
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++W28 - ability to import from ebay watchlist
I can't believe people underlooks this feature! it would be a fantastic option to import from one's saved searches!
wickmesh
AuctionSieve yoda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another spammer Nev!
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Such a drag...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: